We’d like your help again in selecting the right name for the development cycle and release coming after “Kilo”. Our next summit will happen in Vancouver, BC (Canada) in May. L candidate names were proposed, selected and checked for various issues… leaving 4 candidates on the final public poll. Please take a moment to participate to our poll: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/openstack-l-naming
When you’ve got thousands of proposed patchsets, comments and test environments flooding in every day, you need the right tools to handle them. OpenStack created these free software tools to handle its burgeoning scale – here’s what they can do for you.
The community has plenty to say: there were over 1,000 proposals for less than 200 talks at the Paris Summit in November 2014. For the upcoming Summit in Vancouver, there are 17 Summit tracks, from community building and security to hands-on labs. The deadline for proposals is February 9.
We spoke to Superuser’s editorial advisory board to hear their perspectives on the Kilo release and what they’re looking forward to as the Vancouver Summit approaches in May.
The Road to Vancouver
- Call For Speakers open until February 9 – TWO MORE DAYS!
- Applications for OpenStack Travel Support Program
- Vancouver Summit Sponsorships Now Available
- Canada Visa Information
- Official Hotel Room Blocks
- Next batch of invites to Kilo contributors will be sent after a new milestone is released
- All About That Loop. Lessons from the OpenStack Product Mid-Cycle
- Finding people to work on the EC2 API in Nova
- do we really need project tags in the governance repository?
- “Vanilla OpenStack” Doesn’t Exist and Never Will
- The API WG mission statement
Deadlines and Development Priorities
- [cinder] Kilo Deadlines need to have a CI by end of K-3, March 19th 2015
- OpenStack 2014.2.2 released [Stable]
- Kilo-2 development milestone available
Reports From Previous Events
Security Advisories and Notices
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Lars Kellogg-Stedman: Installing nova-docker in N easy steps and Filtering libvirt XML in Nova
- By Tim Bell: Choosing the right image
- By Craige McWhirter: Attaching Multiple Network Interfaces and Floating IPs to OpenStack Instances with Neutron
- By Sébastien Han: OpenStack and Ceph: RBD discard
The 2015 events plan is now available on the Global Events Calendar wiki.
- Feb 11, 2015 HandsOn Prescriptive Topology Mgr Mountain View, CA, US
- Feb 11, 2015 CloudCamp Bangladesh @Digital World Dhaka, BD
- Feb 18, 2015 First OpenStack BW Meetup Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, DE
- Feb 19 – 20, 2015 World Techies Forum Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
- Mar 04, 2015 OpenStack Finland meetup Helsinki, Uusimaa, FI
- Mar 11 – 12, 2015 Cloud Expo Europe London, GB
- Mar 26, 2015 PDX OpenStack Hackathon Portland, OR, US
- Apr 08 – 16, 2015 PyCon 2015 Montreal, Quebec, CA
- Apr 13 – 14, 2015 OpenStack Live Santa Clara, CA, US
- Apr 21 – 22, 2015 CONNECT 2015 Melbourne, Victoria, AU
- Apr 22 – 23, 2015 China SDNNFV Conference Beijing, CN
- May 05 – 07, 2015 CeBIT AU 2015 Sydney, NSW, AU
- May 18 – 22, 2015 OpenStack Summit May 2015 Vancouver, BC
- Jun 11, 2015 OpenStack DACH Day 2015 Berlin, DE
- Jul 20 – 24, 2015 OSCON 2015 Portland, OR, US
- Aug 10 – 13, 2015 Gartner Catalyst Conference San Diego, CA, US
- Sep 17, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Bussum, NL
- Oct 04 – 08, 2015 Gartner SymposiumITxpo Orlando, FL, US
- Nov 15 – 20, 2015 Supercomputing 15 Austin, TX, US
- OpenStack Foundation 2014 Annual Report
- Hypervisor support matrix now in GIT
- Announcing 61 new infra puppet modules
- New small project: stackquery-dashboard
- What Do OpenStack Operators Do All Day?
- Playing with QueueController
- Ubuntu OpenStack Charms: 15.01 release
- Python 3 is dead, long live Python 3
- What’s Up Doc? Jan 30 2015
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- Helion baremetal stuck on undercloud install – no valid host found
- vpn service restarted in any tenant when add/updating/del ipsec connection – openstack juno 2014.2.1
- heat SoftwareDeployment executed twice when depends_on property used
- HP Helion CE Installation of the under cloud and over cloud fails at ipmi validation.
- Help about OS_Federation register a idp, map and rules
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.