Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in.
We are looking for talented Cloud Engineer who is willing to work on the intersection of IT and software engineering, be passionate about open-source and be able to design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components.
What you will do:
- Plan and deploy OpenStack cloud solutions for our customers;
- Extend functionality for OpenStack cloud solutions;
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the customers during deployment projects;
- Work with geographically distributed international teams on technical challenges and process improvements;
- Contribute to Mirantis’ deployment knowledge base;
- Continuously improve tooling and technologies set.
- At least 3 years of practical administration experience in Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu) as a server platform. Required experience with Linux operation system itself as well as with production level software and hardware.
- Practical experience of organization of highly available clusters is also required
- At least 3 years of hands-on administration experience in networks. Clear understanding of modern and currently used network protocols and processes running on each of network layers
- At least 2 years of practical experience in Puppet, SaltStack or other IT automation tools for medium and large environments with practical experience of Puppet manifests creation
- At least 2 years of practical administration experience of virtualized environments based on KVM
- At least 3 years of practical experience with scripting languages
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot code written in Python and Ruby
- English language on an intermediate level
- Very good customer-facing communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel across Germany
- Knowledge of OpenStack is a big plus
- Experience in onboarding applications to the cloud is a big plus
- Practical experience of Python programming
- Knowledge and experience of SDN / Juniper Contrail solution
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Application Containerization
- High-energy atmosphere of a young cloud company
- Build large scale, innovative systems for mission-critical use
- Collaborate with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues
- Competitive compensation package with strong benefits plan
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth