Join the global OpenStack community for use cases & training at the OpenStack Summit Sydney, November 6-8 Register now
The Digital Messaging Specialist role is based within based within the Digital Centre of Excellence, Retail Banking and Wealth Management (RBWM) Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
The Digital Centre of Excellence (DCoE) is a community of digital professionals delivering the change agenda for HSBC throughout UK, Europe, and Middle East & North Africa. The teams within the DCoE include Digital Specialists, Designers, Analysts and Testers who work with global delivery partners to deliver change to Public Websites, Transactional Banking and Mobile / Tablet.
The role of the Digital Messaging Specialist is to be accountable for leading complex digital analysis activities which facilitate the definition and delivery of best in class digital messaging across varied legacy and new digital platforms such as Public Website, Internet Banking and Mobile (including future channels/devices), from initial scoping with markets through the whole development lifecycle through to post implementation support and measurement alongside interpreting Group Digital strategy whilst using regional and local market, customer and competitor insights to define and shape digital messaging propositions.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading virtual cross functional teams comprising of participants from local business, DCoE and global HSBC Technology and Services (HTS) teams that possess a wide range of skills that include and not limited to analysis, market understanding, design, optimisation, technology and testing.
• Undertaking tasks in line with User Centred Design methodology, across both the manufacture (definition/design) and deployment environment supporting convergence and reuse globally when and where possible. Lead/participate in digital proposition development at the global level.
• Ensuring flawless and optimum execution of digital value added messages. The jobholder will work closely with providing operational insight, offering a pragmatic approach to Global Digital Teams and other global functions such as Software Delivery (SWD) & Analytics
• Leading & undertaking in-depth analysis to drive out ‘best in class’ digital messaging to ensure sales and excellence in service across digital channel experience.
• Sourcing and interpret data/insight to underpin the design of digital messaging for both manufacture and deployment
• Leading definition and scoping of analysis activity for digital messaging initiatives working with in country teams: identify current state, undertake gap analysis, brief in to design new requirements
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Relevant knowledge of digital messaging consumer focused business
• Experience working in Agile environments
• Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. consumer technology, retail, finance, and tourism
• Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. digital messaging / digital customer communications
• Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. understanding of optimisation is desirable but not essential
• Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. Digital Tracking software (Adobe, Web Trends) is desirable but not essential
• A desire to find ways to continually improve the service delivered to customers
• A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
• Set and achieved challenging short, medium and long term goals which exceeded the standards in their field
• Building effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
• Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results
The base location for this role is Blue Fin Building, Southwark Street, London.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/59b112508ac3
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services (CS) Directorate - Information Technology (IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) – Enterprise Applications (EA) Division – Back-Office Loans, Payments and Settlements (BOL&PS) Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg an:
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office (internally referred to as (Junior) Officer IT Applications) will be responsible for the maintenance and evolution of several IT systems used in the lending and treasury back-office business domains at the EIB: the SWIFT messaging platform, the Accurate financial reconciliation system and the WSS Commercial Lending Module (WSS-CLM).
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office will report to the Head of the Back-Office Loans, Payments and Settlements Unit and whenever required, directly to the Head of the Enterprise Applications Division.
Internally, s/he will work closely with members of the team within the unit and the division, as well as members of the IT Security, IT Architecture and IT Integration teams. S/he will cooperate regularly with counterparties from the Finance Directorate especially with key users in the business services, notably in Back-Office Treasury and Back-Office Borrowings.
Externally, s/he will deal on a daily basis with key external parties (software vendors, providers of outsourced services, peer groups) in the financial back-office area in order to optimise service levels and to stay abreast of best practice.
The IT Banking Systems Officer - Swift and Back-Office will be responsible for:
• Driving and carrying out the maintenance, development and configuration of the IT banking systems: SWIFT, Accurate and WSS-CLM and the associated interfaces
• Developing a detailed understanding of business requirements and implementing appropriate solutions
• Taking responsibility and initiative for the implementation of new functionalities, modules and upgrade projects, ensuring that the project deliverables match business requirements and comply with Enterprise Architecture standards
• Maintaining and constantly updating the appropriate technical architecture documentation according to IT standards (including the full picture of payment and reconciliation flows in interfaced systems)
• Acting as IT’s single point of contact for SWIFT and Accurate, also for incidents in production and proactively preventing operational incidents
• Ensuring good maintenance of the applications according to IT best practice and deliver corrective and/or configuration changes
• Contributing and participating to business projects; identifying, designing and implementing an IT solution to a business need or opportunity
• Providing advice and recommendations following EIB/IT standards and methodologies in the back-office settlement, payment and reconciliation fields in order to ensure that the solutions are conceived, built and managed in line with business requirements.
• Delivering SWIFT and financial reconciliation related expertise to any back-office initiative and project
• University degree in a field related to Information Technology
• At least 3 years of professional experience, of which at least 1 year working with payments, treasury management or core banking software such as Swift, WallStreet Systems, Misys, FIS/Sungard, Summit, Calypso, Temenos, Olympic, Murex, FrontArena, Sophis
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
• Knowledge of SWIFT services and/or products would be an advantage
• Sound technical background in programming and scripting languages (Unix shell, Python, Java, PL-SQL) and DBMS Systems (Oracle and/or Sybase)
• Functional understanding of Back-Office Settlement, Confirmation and Reconciliation processes
• Project management experience is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of English and French(*), with a good knowledge of the other. (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
• Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals
• Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes
• Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns
• Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Deadline for applications: 25th July 2017
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/d41c1ebf664a
StackHPC Ltd is seeking new members for our engineering team to help implement our vision of high performance OpenStack for scientific computing customers. Our clients tackle some of the great scientific challenges of the modern age and StackHPC is proud to support them.
This role involves focusing on the monitoring, logging and telemetry requirements - both the best practice of well-run OpenStack infrastructure and more specifically on pushing the boundaries of how we understand and visualise the performance of scientific applications. This involves using cutting-edge technology to unlock the secrets of cloud performance.
You will need to be interested in understanding and developing the inner workings of cloud infrastructure, and how to develop it to accommodate the needs of the next generation of research computing. You should be self-disciplined and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills. Above all, you should work inclusively in a team.
Working at StackHPC you will become an active contributor to the open source community. You will be representing StackHPC both to customers and to other open source developers.
- Researching, designing and developing performant and scalable monitoring infrastructure
- Working with customers, sometimes on-site, on gathering telemetry data for application analysis
- Developing innovative new ways of presenting performance telemetry data
- Helping to improve operational resilience of OpenStack and identifying failure root causes
- Optionally, presenting your research at conferences and evangelising the work done by StackHPC
We're looking for
- Strong technical knowledge of Linux-based cloud infrastructure technologies, such as; virtualisation, containerisation or software-defined networking (SDN)
- Understanding of the design of OpenStack services
- Experience with SQL database administration
- Development of applications that use or implement RESTful services
- Programming in Python to an advanced level
- System-level programming experience an advantage
- Experience of dynamic web interface development an advantage
- Communication skills (written and oral) an advantage
Our current technology mix - we'll help you get up to speed
- OpenStack services: Kolla, TripleO, Monasca, Heat, Neutron, Horizon, Nova
- Supporting components: Grafana, Kafka, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
- System technologies: SR-IOV, RDMA, iSER
Salary and benefits
- £40,000 - £70,000+ negotiable
- Pension contribution (TBD) | 25 days paid holiday | generous stock option scheme | completely flexible working practices | support for travel to conferences and delivering presentations | all development is upstream open source
StackHPC is a small and dynamic consultancy that develops OpenStack capabilities for research computing use cases. Client focussed, we develop solutions that address the gaps in cloud for high performance research computing. We work actively with the OpenStack community to promote research computing; https://www.stackhpc.com/
We're a distributed team and we collaborate virtually.
You may work anywhere that enables impromptu visits to Bristol, in South West UK, and our customer sites (mainly in UK; business travel is expensed).
Our central Bristol location (Desklodge, Temple Way), is 5 minutes' walk from each of Bristol Temple Meads station, St Nicholas food market and Cabot Circus shopping centre.
Even if your CV isn't ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | [email protected] | @we_are_techfolk
You can apply via: http://techfolk.co.uk/current-jobs/openstack-hpc-engineer-central-bristol-remote-tl216
RECRUITERS: StackHPC has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5
Appointments will be made on a basis of a fixed term contract of 3 years with the possibility of prolongation
JASPERS (Joint Assistance to Support Projects in European Regions) is a tri-lateral partnership between the European Commission (Directorate -General for Regional and Urban Policy), the EBRD and the EIB, with the aim of helping EU and Acceding Countries achieve better access to EU Grant Financing under the Cohesion and Structural Funds, with particular emphasis on providing technical assistance in the preparation of eligible infrastructure projects.
The JASPERS IT Project Manager / Business Analyst (internally referred to as Officer IT Applications), coordinates all the tasks and responsibilities related to all JASPERS IT applications. S/he ensures an efficient and effective functioning of these applications by supervising consultant teams and coordinating with EIB IT services.
JASPERS has developed its own IT applications which allow sharing of information with the European Commission and with Member States. JASPERS’ IT applications are critical to its business model and for the efficient management and reporting of activities.
The IT Officer is based in Luxembourg and reports to JASPERS’ Head of Quality Management who will provide the strategic direction on JASPERS’ IT interests. S/he co -operates closely with (i) the rest of JASPERS management team and staff; (ii) JASPERS partners, especially the European Commission; (iii) counterparts from other EIB services and other IT teams, in charge of other business applications; iv) external service providers, external suppliers of software and/or software-related services, consultants and other JASPERS or EIB counterparts.
The incumbent will analyse JASPERS user requirements in order to deliver solutions to JASPERS needs and will implement and maintain new and existing solutions in own domain.
In order to maximize synergies with IT, the person will sit within the Finance and Lending Applications Division (FLA) within the Information Technology Department and will also report to its Head of this Division on the execution of his/her tasks. S/he will report directly to a Head of Unit within FLA and will work in close contact with the other IT units. Subject to workload and urgencies from JASPERS, the person might be tasked to help FLA in their business activities.
The IT Project Manager / Business Analyst will perform a wide range of duties, following the guidelines of the Head of the Quality Management Unit in JASPERS and under the supervision of a Head of Unit within FLA, including some or all of the following:
• Ensure that IT policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way, this may include:
- Proposing improvements and implementing the necessary processes, procedures, IT standards, methodologies and working tools in own domain
• Take project management responsibilities to deliver medium, then progressively larger projects and coordinate with business users and other IT technical teams, this includes:
- Participating in the preparation of business cases and project charters in collaboration with users, and manage projects
- Proposing and designing technical solutions consistent with business requirements and IT architecture
- Preparing and maintaining detailed documentation in line with IT’s standards as required by the Systems Development Life Cycle, and to meet operational and audit needs
- Reporting on a frequent basis to inform the supervisors of progress
• Provide specialised advice on application systems and on operational and functional problems
• In consultation with JASPERS staff and key stakeholders, analyse the business requirements and draft specification documents for approval by JASPERS Management to support the long-term strategy of JASPERS
• Coordinate within the IT Department to ensure JASPERS needs are reflected in the development of standard EIB applications (GED, PeopleSoft, Business Objects)
• Manage vendors and service providers, as appropriate; in particular, oversee contracts with third parties and associated service level agreements to define and deliver appropriate solutions
• Manage the resources and means necessary to carry out the tasks including planning and supervision of the work of consultants as relevant
• Contribute to the preparation of training on JASPERS IT tools, including in JASPERS external offices
• University degree in computer science, IT or related disciplines. Master’s degree would be an advantage.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in IT project management, particularly in the design, development and implementation of business related information management systems acquired within a consulting firm and/or an international organization
• A Good understanding and recent hands-on J2EE/Java based architecture / design / development experience
• Modern Java framework technologies (e.g. Hibernate, JSF)
• A strong willingness to acquire business knowledge and a good experience in functional analysis are essential. Familiarity with Business Analysis Body of knowledge (BABOK) would be an advantage.
• Some knowledge of Document management Systems (e.g. GED and Microsoft SharePoint), web development and content management systems would be an advantage.
• In-depth knowledge of RDBMS. Some knowledge of business intelligence concepts and technologies would be an advantage.
• Experience of working in multicultural teams and of working successfully with external service providers in a multi-sourced environment
• Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of one or more of the languages of the EU countries would be an advantage
• Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
• Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
• Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
• Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
• Creative thinking: Demonstrates creativity and out-of-the-box thinking to generate new approaches that create possibilities in situations that had looked bleak.
Deadline for applications: 17th of July 2017
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/3614897bf97b
Who we are:
CenturyLink Cloud is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused dev/ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run. Every day. All the time. It’s what we do.
We have an opening for an experienced Senior Lead Software Engineer to expand our team of engineers who are developing CenturyLink’s cloud infrastructure. This person would contribute to building one of the products that run as part of our cloud architecture, touching all aspects of the development lifecycle from coding to deployment all the way to support.
Who we hire:
Just like everyone else, we want to hire unbelievably bright developers, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Oh, yeah, they have to love to learn new things, too. On top of that, our ideal candidate also should have a passion for cloud computing and for creating applications and services that make developers’ lives easier while helping them create their enterprise-ready applications.
Limiting yourself to just one area of the technology stack would be unthinkable for this kind of developer, so we hope that you are comfortable doing everything from creating beautiful, friendly UIs, to crafting logical and easy to use APIs, all the way to writing distributed computing algorithms between applications running on entirely different clouds.
Since our teams operate in an extremely Agile culture, using a combination of XP and Kanban practices and processes, you’d be encouraged to collaborate closely, deliver small pieces of working software frequently, work in pairs, write your code test first, and think about things like cycle time and WIP limits. All of this adds up to an exciting, challenging, and always interesting place to work, where hard problems are found and solved every day.
¥ 4+ years’ experience with Java and Spring Frameworks
¥ 1+ year experience in other programming language like C#, GO, Python, etc.
¥ 2 years of experience with concurrent or distributed programming techniques
¥ Ability to learn new languages quickly
¥ Ability to mentor other engineers on the team to break down silos of knowledge
¥ Agile experience
¥ 3 years TDD/Refactoring
¥ 2 years developing cloud architectures and infrastructure
¥ Functional programming experience
¥ Developing automation through Ansible or similar technologies
¥ Advanced Linux admin and programming skills
¥ Understanding of network protocols
Please email your resume to [email protected] and apply on line at: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=136825&company=CTLPRD&username=
You are passionate about digital transformation? You have an analytical mindset with professional experience in business intelligence? You are eager to contribute your skills to the Finance department?
We are looking for you to support our Analytics and Reporting team in Stuttgart, as soon as possible, as a Financial Intelligence Specialist (f/m), fulltime (40 h), permanent.
Financial Intelligence Specialist (f/m)
- As part of a cross-functional team you are responsible to develop and maintain data related services for the finance team (e.g. automated reports, data queries for analysis, interfacing of controlling and accounting systems, developing of company dashboards).
- You design, build, deploy and maintain related ETL processes in close cooperation with Tech and BI departments.
- You operate the data infrastructure to ensure availability and consistency of financial data.
- You contribute to implement self-service financial intelligence solutions and help to improve strategic and data-based decision making.
- You have gained professional experience (3–5 years) in the fields of e.g. business intelligence, data engineering or software development, with related master’s (preferred) or bachelor’s degree.
- You have very good software development skills (at least one language), are able to query SQL databases (e.g. Postgresql) and to access REST-APIs. - Knowledge in coding Java and interfacing DATEV is a plus.
- You know how to break down complex tasks into technical solutions, identify improvements and proactively drive quick realization.
- You have an analytical mindset and are highly interested in automating the Finance & Controlling business processes.
- You are open-minded and motivated to work in a dynamic and agile environment.
- You are capable to learn new languages and frameworks.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Opportunity to work with leading experts and chiseled, experienced colleagues
- You work in a modern and creative work atmosphere
- Trust-based working hours and “Duz” culture/informal culture to enable a casual interaction with colleagues
- Opportunity to shape the future of urban mobility
- Attractive benefits such as mobility allowance, pension plan, profit sharing and individual professional development are part of the deal
- Extra Perks: Centrally located office, trendy cafes and restaurants, bright, modern office with open kitchen, italian coffee, and a relaxing roof-top terrace
moovel represents a new type of mobility. Our goal is to radically simplify individual mobility and to build products and services which enable true flexibility. moovel combines and offers innovative mobility services. Our app compares transportation services from various providers based on fare and duration to determine the best way to travel from A to B.
You can use moovel to reserve, book and pay for your journey.
moovel Group GmbH is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Daimler AG and organizationally assigned to Daimler Financial Services AG.
Let’s join us in shaping the future of urban mobility together!
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application as Financial Intelligence Specialist via the Apply-button or email at: [email protected]
Please add your salary expectation and your preferred starting date to your application.
If you have any questions or are in need for further information feel free to contact Nicole Armatowski +49 176 30953172
Apply here: https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/3676a835c5fd
The candidate will be working within an Agile development team and will be responsible for development of routing, switching and related Operating System services. Development will combine multiple open source and third party software implementations as well as internal implementation.
The candidate must have excellent problem solving and communication skills, and must be self-motivated.
You’ll love working here: https://youtu.be/-CpYHeIJLl4
1. Minimum of 5 years experience with network equipment development required
2. Minimum 5 years experience with development in a Linux environment required
3. Expert C language skills required
4. Knowledge and understanding of packet forwarding technology inluding Linux kernel desirable
5. Knowledge and understanding of network concepts including IP, Ethernet required
6. Experience with NFV development desirable
7. Knowledge and understanding of switching and routing product development desirable
8. Experience with development of swtiching and routing protocols desirable
9. Development experience with management protocols and models including Yang, Netconf, ReST desirable
We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals with experience working on Open Source software and familiarity with OpenStack. In this role, you will work with seasoned engineers who are creating new products and services using leading-edge NFV and SDN technology. As a key member of the team you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing.
You’ll love working here: https://youtu.be/-CpYHeIJLl4
What You Need for this Position
At Least 3-5 Years of Experience and Knowledge of:
Locations: San Ramon, CA; Middletown, NJ; Austin, TX or Redmond, WA
Duration: 1 year
Amick Brown is seeking an OpenStack Solution Designer to work on an exciting cloud technology project as a team member for our direct client, a large Fortune 500 telecommunications company. You will be working on one of the largest virtualized network built on OpenStack using SDN, NFV, and other open source technologies. You will work within a team of subject matter experts on cloud-related technologies, focusing on data center planning and capacity management. You will also provide Tier 4 technical support to existing operations teams. This position has broad growth potential and is an opportunity to work with the most cutting-edge technologies in Network Virtualization (SDN, NFV, VNF), Datacenter planning and tenant capacity management.
Education: MS in Computer Science or related field (BS in related field with equivalent work experience is acceptable)
Amick Brown is always looking for highly skilled professionals to join our growing team. When considering candidates, we take into account your goals and interests as well as your skills, talents, and experience. We know it’s important to be able to advance in any position, which is why we work carefully with you to develop your career plans and then set you up to achieve your goals. We strongly believe that our success is due to the outstanding talent and dedication of our employees and consultants, and in return, we hope to give you the opportunity to experience a great career with us.
Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following AmickBrown provided benefits:
Long term contract to hire.
Due to the nature of the position, DIVERSANT can only consider direct applicants. Third party resumes will NOT be considered. (NO C2C and NO 3rd parties). Must be able to work W2 for Diversant. We are able to transfer your visa!
Email [email protected]
Lead Network support of Operations and Engineering as the Subject Matter Expert for the following technology types: Red Hat Linux, Red Hat Openstack, Cloud Architecture, Hardware Infrastructure, Network infrastructure (L1/L2/L3), and all associated services related to Cloud computing: Swift, Cinder, Keystone, Glance, Celiometer, Horizon, Nova, and Neutron.
• Third tier technical support teams in the event any outages occur.
• Identify, collect, and evaluate data relating to system problems that impact user performance and efficiency, analyze system failures, and develop short and long-term resolutions.
• Perform a variety of tasks and they are responsible for providing technical leadership and expert consultation to teams both internally and externally.
• Responsible for multiple large scale complex platforms and be expected to keep new product offerings on track.
• Maintain functional and technical requirements, analyze hardware/software features and enhancements, and understand system architectures, system operations, end-to-end designs and device-system interactions.
• Will need to challenge the vendors providing technical solutions and make recommendations on how to improve the design of the network. Strong organizational, writing and communication skills are necessary.
• Interpret Hardware, Software, and Cloud computing and industry standards to determine that correct engineering design and principles are being adhered to for the development of these platforms.
• Train lower level engineers on how to maintain, monitor and troubleshoot the platform. This person will be the go to person should someone have a technical question.
• Validate all methods of procedures (MOPs) to ensure technical standards are adhered to and no adverse effects will be caused on the production network/Cloud.
• Assist in planning, designing, equipment selection, staging, testing, and integration of new system hardware, software, and virtualized functions of the cloud.
• Ability to apply the knowledge gained through formal and informal training to provide business decisions that improve the performance or operability of the system.
• Conduct tests and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements. The candidate will partner with various departments in technology trials, interoperability tests, run first office applications, and participate in vendor evaluations.
• Constantly evaluate overall network design and recommend solutions to make the network run more efficiently and offer the ability to resolve issues on the network.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. It transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
Mirantis is looking for an energetic Technical Project Manager for OpenStack projects, who will be working on an implementation of OpenStack based clouds for multiple customers. If you’re an ambitious Technical PM and thrive on getting tough, real-world problems solved with a smart, motivated team, you want to work here. Position is based in Germany.
What We Offer:
Let's have a conversation:
Mirantis delivers open cloud infrastructure to top enterprises using OpenStack, Kubernetes and related open source technologies. The company is a major contributor of code to many open infrastructure projects and follows a build-operate-transfer model to deliver its Mirantis Cloud Platform and cloud management services, empowering customers to take advantage of open source innovation with no vendor lock-in. Its customers include iconic brands such as AT&T, Comcast, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, eBay, Wells Fargo Bank and Volkswagen.
What Linux was to open source and operating systems, OpenStack is to cloud computing. It makes programmable infrastructure vendor-neutral and frictionless to access, not to mention it unlocks distributed applications and accelerates innovation. OpenStack transforms virtualization from an efficiency to a whole new compute paradigm.
We are looking for talented DevOps / Deployment Engineer who is willing to work on the intersection of IT and software engineering, be passionate about open-source and be able to design and deploy cloud infrastructure build on top of open-source components.
What you will do:
Will be a plus:
DON’T PANIC JUST BUILD, OPERATE, TRANSFER and APPLY!
Please visit our career page and apply: https://www.mirantis.com/careers/open-positions/
We are working on a cutting edge Openstack implementation project with our Fortune 10 customer.
Title: Openstack Admin/ Engineer
Location: Redmond, WA
Duration: Long-term contract
• Extensive experience in management and administration of OpenStack cloud infrastructure, VMware virtualization, Red Hat Linux, Networking and infrastructure management.
• Familiar with installation of packages, patches, maintenance & RPM updates on Linux.
• OpenStack deployment, troubleshooting and administration on RedHat Linux platform and Mirantis.
• Design and implementation of Linux and cloud solutions on OpenStack for building Private/Public Cloud for Large Enterprise application.
• Strong experience in virtualization technologies, such as KVM, Open Stack & VMware.
• In-Depth knowledge of cloud computing domain, and technologies.
• Ability to Install, configure, and test Open stack environment (Nova, Swift, Cinder, Neutron,
• Experience in supporting private cloud environments housing multiple tenants in multiple networks
• Experience in monitoring overall infrastructure security and availability, and monitoring of space and capacity usage including compute clusters, block storage, and object storage as well as the API's
• Extensive hands-on knowledge on Cloud/Virtualization, SDN and SDN orchestration, Network Function Virtualization
• Knowledge of Hypervisor platforms ~ Hypervisor ESXi, Linux KVM Hypervisor
• Knowledge of VMware Infrastructure, vSphere client,File system and data storage,
• Orchestration using heat, ansible, puppet. Access and active directory system admin.
• Experience in Monitoring, performing Health Checks, installing patches and upgrading hardware on the production servers
• Automated Provisioning and App Servers Configuration in all three environments using Puppet and Chef Configuration management tools
• Good hands-on development experience to automate the provisioning of servers, configuration management of systems/infrastructure and continuous deployment across different environments using various technologies/tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, VMware and Open stack.
• Experience with services like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, Send Mail, FTP, Remote access on Linux.
• Experience in Installing, Configuring, and Implementing Virtualization Environment Using VMware ESX and ESXI, SUN Virtual Box, OVS & OVM and Microsoft Virtual PC.
• Very Good Working knowledge of Build scripts & automated solutions using various scripting languages like Shell, Python, Ruby, Yaml.
Bring your ideas to life as a Product Manager with NetBrain!
We are seeking a highly passionate and motivated Product Manager, fluent in Mandarin, to join our NetBrain Product Management team. The Product Manager will work very closely with different functions such as user experience design, marketing, technical support and product development team to define the product roadmap and execute on it.
****Insatiable curiosity and hunger to experience new technology (SDN or OpenStack or Cloud Computing or Data Center Virtualization or The list goes on)
**Always looks for ways to Improve Software
***Always looks for ways to Improve LIFE
**Always looks for ways to Improve LIFE with SOFTWARE
****Creative thinker driven to innovate, design and execute
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package including: competitive salary, bonus plan, health, dental, and vision insurance, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and matching 401k plan. Additional perks offered include unlimited snacks, gourmet coffee and tea, onsite fitness center, game room, free Friday lunch, and more!
Apply online on our website at https://technology-careers-netbraintech.icims.com/jobs/1437/product-manager/job?hub=9
Send your resume via the "Contact me directly" option - [email protected]
Paddy Power Betfair operates at an incredible scale and with this comes some amazing technology and incredible people. To support this this we have built an award winning private cloud utilizing both Openstack and Nuage. The Delivery Enablement team is looking for team members to help us move the customers (Development Teams) to the new platform. Customer focused and forward looking; you will join a team who will be working hand in hand with our technical partners to keep Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of private cloud technology and CI/CD automation.
This is our vision ( http://bit.ly/2rRrexX ). And this is how we have realized it (https://youtu.be/0PlPJG-xuHw& https://youtu.be/9QcsoMBCwDc). This is what has made us a multiple award winning team (Redhat Innovation Award 2016, Hewlett Packard award for Innovation 2016, Openstack SuperUser 2017).
We want you to part of that. If you have what it takes then come and talk to us.
· Proactively and relentlessly seeking opportunities to automate manual processes.
· Keeping Paddy Power Betfair at the forefront of innovation infrastructure-automation arena.
· Driving on-boarding and adoption of our core automation tools and services.
· Research and development of tooling and/or processes to enable development and infrastructure teams.
· Raising the technical profile of Automation within Paddy Power Betfair and of Paddy Power Betfair in the wider technical community.
Essential Skills & Experience
· Development experience in Python.
· Exposure to Ansible
· Exposure to Openstack
· Aptitude for evaluating and embracing new technologies and tooling.
· Understanding of CI, CD, cloud infrastructure, config-as-code.
· In depth technical knowledge of one or more of Linux, Networking, Storage or Databases.
· Background in large scale, highly transactional site delivery and operations.
· Ability to Coach, Develop and Mentor less experienced team members and graduates.
Desirable Skills & Experience
· Excellent presentation skills for both internal and external conferences.
· Excellent scripting skills.
· Willingness to occasionally travel (mainly UK, Ireland, Romania, Portugal)
Follow this link and apply https://betfairhr.secure.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN2872
The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, their creativity, their health and comfort. That’s why our engineers design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
Ciena’s Packet Networking unit has a newly created advanced development team responsible for developing SDN solutions to enable flexible, programmable, dynamic, cost-effective and adaptable networks using their wide range of platforms. We are looking for a principal software engineer with deep knowledge of network management, network design and SDN technologies that can provide technical leadership for this advanced development team.
The role / What you will do at Ciena:
As a key leader of a small energetic advanced development team, you will be responsible for Architecture, design, and development of Next Generation SDN Framework and related solutions for Packet Network software SAOS running on wide range of Packet Networking platforms. This Yang/Netconf based SDN framework and APIs will be instrumental in evolving SAOS to support new innovative solutions in the area of configuration, monitoring and fault and performance management. You will get an opportunity to innovate and influence new SDN related technologies that shape the future of Next Generation networks. You will be working with various engineering, EMS/NMS, controller teams to create clear separation of network control plane and forwarding plane to enable flexible SDN Architecture.
As a Principal Software Engineer in advanced development team, you will be expected to participate in all the phases of product development cycle – product definition, architecture, design, scoping, planning, implementation and test.
Quick prototype to validate architecture, design concepts and provide example implementation
Deliver detailed functional specification and technical design documents for embedded software architectures
You will be working very closely with product managers and senior management team providing them guidance to shape up the SDN strategy.
Closely work with key customers to develop new Yang/netconf based solutions that address their immediate and future needs.
You will help various engineering teams define and shape new Yang modules and get it approved by MEF, IETF or other standard bodies.
You will be responsible for evaluation of various Open Source technologies, third party solutions and integrate them with the SAOS (Service Aware Operating System).
You will be responsible to drive Innovation in the area of Network Management and SDN that can help create new revenue opportunities for Packet networking Software/Hardware products.
Excellent C programming skills for an embedded Linux environment
Strong knowledge of management protocols and their API design such as Netconf, RestConf, SNMP, RESTful API, XML APIs etc.
Expert in Yang Data Modeling Language
Hands on experience or knowledge of various network management tools
Deep understanding of SDN/NFV concepts, mechanisms and standards, including OpenFlow
Experience with working on a Distributed Architecture
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must have strong debugging and trouble shooting skills
Strong scripting skills with python/perl is desirable
Previous experience in a leadership role on a successful project is highly desired
Experience with participation in SDN and Yang/Netconf standards bodies is plus
Experience with participation in MEF (Metro Ethernet Forum) is plus
Knowledge of OpenStack is plus
Good knowledge of network design and deployment scenarios in Carrier/Metro Ethernet Space is desirable
Effectively able to work independently with little hands-on supervision delivering to aggressive timelines
Effectively able to collaborate with multiple teams across geographically diverse areas
Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills or technologies as needed
Ability to work well with a group of junior or senior engineers in a high energy, dynamic, fast paced development environment
Ability to mentor and motivate junior engineers
BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
We’re looking for a highly experienced individual interested in progressing their career in the area of Software Development including experience specific to Network Management
The Ciena Experience:
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Make no mistake that we’re committed to developing leading network technology. But our path to innovation stems from our culture and outstanding people. We embrace diversity, celebrate inclusion, and champion ideas—across the table and around the world. This is the Ciena network. You won’t find complex organization charts and stiff protocols here! Innovation travels faster in an atmosphere where ideas can be freely discussed and brainstormed on the fly. A big part of work is about enjoying more satisfying outcomes—both personal and professional.
Becoming a Ciena employee:
What you can expect from us
1. You will receive notification of your successful application
2. Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion.
3. If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
RamNode is looking for an experienced developer with a deep understanding of virtualization and web technologies. The Cloud Systems Programmer will collaborate with our development team to design, build, and maintain RamNode's in-house systems as we transition into the cloud. Responsibilities will include reviewing and assisting in the development of an existing large project, ongoing maintenance of said project, and building new projects in the future as directed.
This position is remote.
Experience / Qualifications
Benefits included. Salary DOE.
Please email Nick at nick[at]ramnode.com to apply.
Come work within the Technology department at the Wikimedia Foundation! We are administering a public OpenStack cloud (Infrastructure as a Service) with a modern Platform as a Service (Kubernetes) running on it. We are dedicated to supporting developers within and outside of the Wikimedia Foundation. Candidates need to be comfortable sharing ideas, providing guidance, following instructions, mentoring volunteers, and communicating in public and asynchronous ways (mailing lists/forums/irc). Our team works remotely and so can you!
About the Wikimedia Foundation
At the Foundation, we build technology to help people everywhere access Wikipedia, across devices and in nearly 300 languages. We engineer privacy for our readers and editors so they can safely and securely explore Wikipedia. We create programs and initiatives to make Wikipedia freely available to more people in more parts of the world. We build new tools for the community of editors so they can continue to improve and grow Wikipedia. Roughly a quarter of our budget goes to supporting the community that make the site possible, including through grantmaking programs that enable volunteers and enrich the information on the sites.
The Wikimedia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
Benefits & Perks *
* for benefits eligible staff, benefits may vary by location
Apply online: http://grnh.se/aj6f021
As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for several ongoing initiatives within the marketing team:
Procure and support consistent content execution for social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and a weekly newsletter consistent with an annual editorial calendar.
Curate session content, particularly OpenStack user story speakers, to attend and present at global OpenStack Day events.
Support for OpenStack campaigns including email and ad content creation and campaign analytics measured against the marketing team’s established goals.
Support content creation and syndication for the OpenStack online publication, Superuser, as well as collaborate with team to coordinate additional programs, including a twice-annual print publication, Awards program and video creation.
Create Google Analytics and campaign/monthly reporting to track growth of social channels, website and marketing campaign activity.
Curate content and create presentation to be distributed for presentation at the annual OpenStack anniversary event series (60+ events around the world).
Interested in working in the tech industry, specifically cloud computing
Experience in digital marketing including social media content creation and analytics a strong plus
Familiarity with OpenStack a plus
Strong project management skills
Self motivated, proactive, and collaborative
Enthusiastic and positive
About OpenStack Foundation:
OpenStack is software for building clouds. OpenStack powers some of the world’s largest public clouds, widely-used SaaS applications, eCommerce sites and Global 1000 enterprises alike. Best Buy, Bloomberg, CERN, Cisco WebEx, Comcast, eBay, Intel, HP, MercadoLibre, Rackspace, Paypal, Sony Computer Entertainment America and hundreds more rely on OpenStack to run their business every day.
OpenStack was established as an open source software project in 2010 by Rackspace and NASA, and today OpenStack is backed by an independent and non-profit Foundation that launched in September 2012. The Foundation is comprised of a global community with more than 30,000 members across 150 countries. The Foundation is supported by the benevolence of our member companies and sponsors. The goal of the OpenStack Foundation is to serve developers, users and the entire ecosystem by providing a set of shared resources to grow the footprint of public and private OpenStack clouds, enable technology vendors targeting the platform and assist developers in producing the best cloud software in the industry.
The marketing team within the OpenStack Foundation develops messaging and provides marketing resources for the ecosystem of OpenStack users, supporting companies of the Foundation, and developers. Twice annually the Foundation hosts a Summit for the community - a five-day conference for OpenStack developers, ecosystem members, service providers and enterprise users. The event currently sees over 6,000 attendees, 110 sponsors, industry-leading keynote speakers, 400+ breakout sessions, hands-on workshops, collaborative design sessions and various networking opportunities. The marketing team fully supports the Summits in addition to many global community and industry events throughout the year.
The Foundation offers a unique learning opportunity for a student or a recent graduate to work directly with marketers and executives from many of the world's largest tech companies and rapidly growing tech startups.
Our staff is small in size but far in reach. Meet us here:https://www.openstack.org/foundation/staff