Cast your vote for the presentation to be presented at OpenStack Summit, November 5-8, in Hong Kong
在全体大会中将提供英文至中文之即时翻译。 要得到更多信息， 请查阅注册信息页
Introducing the OpenStack Ambassador Program
OpenStack Community Manager Tom Fifield started the discussion on the formation of an OpenStack Ambassador Program, which aims to create a framework of community leaders to sustainably expand the reach of OpenStack around the world. We would like to recognize and further empower these community members to achieve the OpenStack mission, as well as provide more structure and resources to the growing community and user groups. Your feedback would be excellent! For more specifics on the program, and information about becoming an ambassador, stay tuned for the next post.
Managing identities in the cloud
CERN has 11,000 physicists who use the lab’s facilities including the central IT department resources. As with any research environment, there are many students, PhDs and other project members who join one of the experiments at CERN. They need to have computing accounts to access CERN’s cloud but we also need to make sure these resources are handled correctly when they are no longer affiliated with the organisation.
Why OpenStack Puppet modules did not have vacation
A lot of work has been done on Puppet modules lately. There is no doubt to say that puppet modules are designed for high-quality and best-practices configurations around an important community who takes care of those concepts.
Yet another way to monitor OpenStack
Emilien Macchi decided to write some useful scripts to check if every OpenStack service are running. He was not fully satisfied with current methods because he feels they lack some deepness.
refined: 10 OpenStack Core Positions
OpenStack Foundation Board member Rob Hirschfeld keeps iterating looking for a proposal to define “what is core” in the context of OpenStack. This is a must-read for anybody interested in joining the meeting in San Francisco on Aug 27.
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Adam Young: Deploying Keystone via Puppet on Fedora 19
- By Sébastien Han: Configure Ceph RBD caching on OpenStack Nova
- By Sébastien Han: Best localrc for DevStack
- By Kenneth Hui: OpenStack Compute For vSphere Admins, Part 5: Designing A Multi-hypervisor Cloud
- By Sandro Mathys: Install OpenStack Havana-2 from RDO on Fedora 19 and avoid the pitfalls
- By Lorin Hochstein: Automated DevStack install inside of VirtualBox with Vagrant
- By John Bresnahan: Preparing Fedora 19 for OpenStack Glance Development
- By Mehdi Abaakouk: Using a sharding/replicaSet mongodb with ceilometer
- By Flavio Percoco: Using libgfapi to access Glusterfs Volumes in Nova
- By Loïc Dachary: HOWTO install Ceph teuthology on OpenStack
- By ICCLab: OpenStack HA: why is Pacemaker such a slow recovery tool?
- By Mirantis: Demo Video: Using Heat for Auto-scaling with OpenStack cloud
- By The Official Rackspace Blog: OpenStack Nova-Scheduler And vSphere DRS
- By Daniel P. Berrangé: Fine grained access control in libvirt using polkit
- Bangalore Meetup Aug 24, 2013 – Bangalore, India Details
- Primer Evento Grupo Venezolano OpenStack Aug 24, 2013 – Caracas, Venezuela Details
- 2nd OpenStack User Group Nordics meetup Sep 11, 2013 – Kista, Stockholm Details
- OpenStack In Action – Powering IaaS Cloud Sep 14, 2013 – SAP Labs Whitefield, Bangalore Details
- Cloud Connect China, September 15-17 2013, Shanghai, China
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open North America, September 16-18 2013, New Orleans, LA, USA,
- GigaOM Structure UK, September 18-19 2013, London, England, UK
- OpenStack India Day Sep 21, 2013 – Bangalore Details
- Hosting & Cloud Transformation Summit Sep 23 – 25, 2013 – Las Vegas, USA Details
- OpenStack on Ales Sep 30 – Oct 01, 2013 – Bend, OR Details
- Open World Forum (Paris),October 3-5 2013, Paris, France
- Gartner Symposium/IT Expo North America, October 6-10 2013, Orlando, FL, USA,
- OpenStack in action! – The Canadian Chapter Oct 08, 2013 – Montreal, Canada Details
- Swift Hackathon Oct 15 – 17, 2013 – Aust, TX Details
- LinuxCon/Cloud Open Europe, October 21-23 2013, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
- Cloud Connect, October 21-24 2013, Chicago, IL, USA
- USENIX LISA, November 3-8 2013, Washington DC, USA
- OW2 Annual Conference, November 13-14 2013, Paris, France
- INTEROP Nov 20 – 22, 2013 – Mumbai, India Details
- Gartner Data Center Conference, December 9-12 2013, Las Vegas, NV, USA
Reports from Previous Events
- Benchmark OpenStack Swift
- OpenMic Spotlight: Gabriel Hurley
- OpenMic Spotlight: Kyle Mestery
- The Fanatical Faces Of Rackspace Private Cloud: Joe Burke
- The Fanatical Faces Of Rackspace Private Cloud: Tech Writer Karin Levenstein
- OpenStack Community Meeting: Summary and full logs
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- How to troubleshoot a Swift Container running with a high CPU amount?
- Failed to mount filesystem: no operating system was found on this disk
- Is there a way of passing the language header to openstack REST API calls so that the message returned by openstack is localized?
- How to create the connection between OVS bridge and the linux bridge?
- Realm Value need to be passed from horizon to get the complete list of available Idp’s in Keystone ?
- Slow virtio network performance
- Unable to configure baremetal for grizzly: DatabaseNotControlledError
Welcome New Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
- Jaime Gil de Sagredo Luna, StackOps
- Joshua Hesketh, Rackspace
- Oleg Gelbukh, Mirantis
- Jiri Stransky, Red Hat
- Steffen Gebert, None
- Trevor Robert, Jr, Cisco
- Pei Zhen, None
- Sabari Kumar Murugesan, Vmware
- Ignacio Barrio, Stackops
- Charles V Bock, Intel
- Jordan OMara, Red Hat
- Sarah Novotny, Meteor Entertainment
- Maksym Iarmak, Mirantis
- Marton Kiss, Fremont Ltd
- Petr Blaho, Red Hat
- Ryan Hsu, Vmware
- Alan Jiang, IBM
- Zhang Guoqing, None
- Abhijeet Malawade, NTT Data
- Shuangtai Tian, Intel
- Jake Liu, None
- Vladislav Kuzmin, Mirantis
- Nejc Saje, Xlab d.o.o.
- Peter Mooshammer, None
- Floren Llanos, None
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
Leave a Reply