With more and more people becoming interested in OpenStack on a daily basis, it becomes critical that we establish a proper (as they say in the UK) communication system to ensure all participants have a voice within the community and can easily find the information they are looking for. To further improve this system, I am announcing several new mailing lists which are all open to any community member interested in various parts of the OpenStack project.
- openstack-announce : General information about the OpenStack project including product release information and general community activity. Register at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-announce
- openstack-advisoryboard : Follow the OpenStack Advisory Board on this mailing list. Register at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-advisoryboard
- openstack-users : Support questions and advice for users of the various OpenStack products. Register at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-users
- openstack-partner : Discussions and information for companies looking to partner with the OpenStack community. Register at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-partner
- openstack-events : Information on OpenStack events including Design Summits, Meetups, etc. All developers or people hosting an event should post here to notify the community about their event. Register at http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/openstack-events
Please look over these lists and subscribe to the various lists that best meet your needs. We have chosen to use Mailman for these lists as this is a common tool found in most open source projects. I will also be posting a new web page this week which contains the full list of OpenStack Mailman mailing lists along with Archive links. I will also be working with MarkMail to ensure that all OpenStack mailing lists are included in their amazing open source mailing list search tool at http://markmail.org/ [More on that soon].
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].