The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Group hosted the Chicagoland OpenStack Meetup last night, February 20, 2014. The night kicked off with some quick introductions from OpenStack Meetup Organizer Erik Martensen and CME Host and Senior Director Vinod Kutty. Then the crowd settled in to listen to OpenStack Cinder Core Developer Mike Perez discuss what’s new with the block storage project. It was a lively discussion with thirty plus minutes of enthusiastic Q&A. Most of the audience had a general to advanced concept of Cinder and some even gave Mike an idea or two about what users want in future releases. A very special thank you to Mike for coming out from Los Angeles to address the growing OpenStack interest in the Chicago community. And, thank you as well to the CME and Vinod for the wonderful meeting space.
About this Entry
OpenStack at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group: Chicago-land Meetup was posted on
- Calling all OpenStack Operators! The PTG starts Monday, and the community needs your input!
- Virtuozzo joins the OpenStack Marketplace, and Sharktech does too. Shouldn’t you?
- What Operators Can Expect to Discuss with the OpenStack Manila Team at the PTG
- What Operators Can Expect to Discuss with the OpenStack Nova Team at the PTG
- How to Have a Successful PTG as an OpenStack Operator
- OVHcloud, Ant Group Win Superuser Awards for Large-Scale Deployment of OpenStack, Innovative Use of Kata Containers to Reduce Carbon Emissions, Respectively
- April 2022 vPTG Recap
- 2021 OpenInfra Annual Report: Large Scale SIG
- 2021 OpenInfra Annual Report: OpenStack
- Cloud Sovereignty: a Fashionable Trend or Vital Need?
- Open Mic
- OpenStack Update
- Press Release
- Technical Committee Updates
- Women of OpenStack
The OpenStack blog is licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 License.