This post is part of the OpenStack Open Mic series to spotlight the people who have helped make OpenStack successful. Each week, a new contributor will step up to the mic and answer five questions about OpenStack, cloud, careers and what they do for fun.
Wang Pan is a Senior Software Engineer for the private cloud at NetEase.com, working primarily on Nova (including cpu qos, libvirt driver for kvm, cloud monitor similar to ceilometer, EBS similar to cinder, etc.). You can follow him on Twitter at @Aspirer2004.
1. What is your go-to beverage or snack while coding?
Boiled water is the best beverage when coding.
2. What behavior has helped get you the furthest as a developer?
Copy and paste the experts’ codes as much as possible.
3. What do you think is the coolest thing that’s happened with OpenStack over the past three years?
Supported qemu-guest-agent in Nova, because that is my code. 🙂 Thanks to all reviewers!
4. Be honest – are you more likely to know your project collaborators by their IRC nic or their actual name?
I prefer their actual name.
5. How many OpenStack t-shirts do you own, and which is your favorite?
I own only two, and I need more to pick a favorite.