[Guest post from Mike Perez, Cinder Project Team Lead]
The Cinder team has met this week to begin discussions on the deadline for new volume drivers in the Liberty release. The proposed deadline for volume drivers to be merged by is June 19th 2015. However, we will be finalizing the deadline at the Cinder sprints at the summit on Friday May 15th.
Requirements for a volume driver to be merged:
- Your blueprint for your volume driver is submitted and approved (mark your blueprint as pending approval to get PTL’s attention)
- Your volume driver code is posted to gerrit and passing gate tests
- Your volume driver code gerrit review page has results posted from your CI, and is passing. Keep in mind that your CI must continue running in order to stay in the release. This also includes future releases
- Your volume driver fulfills minimum features
- You meet all of the above at least by June 12th. This is to discourage late code submissions. Reviews can take time. Merges can also be very difficult late in the milestone due to the OpenStack Gate testing being very full. In the past we have seen gate wait times take a whole day. Do yourself a favor and don’t wait.
To be clear:
- Your volume driver submission must meet all the items before we review your code. If not, you’ll have to submit your volume driver in the M release
- If your volume driver is submitted after Liberty-1, expect me to reference this email and we’ll request the volume driver to be submitted in the M release
- Even if you meet all of the above requirements by June 12th, it is not guanranteed that your volume driver will be merged by June 19th You still need to address all review comments in a timely manner and allow time for gating testing to finish
- This does not include backup drivers
- This does not include connector drivers in os-brick. This will be a separate discussion.
To help speed up the review process, please review the How to Contribute a driver to Cinder documentation.