The Foundation had a great time meeting friends old and new as a Silver sponsor of this year’s LinuxCon / CloudOpen Europe in Düsseldorf, Germany on October 13-15. A huge thank you to our Community heroes Tomasz Napierala, Oded Nahum, Christian Berendt, Adalberto Medeiros, Marton Kiss, Kamil Swiatkowski, and Jamie Hannaford who helped us staff our busy booth alongside Foundation Community Manager Stefano Maffulli and Marketing Associate Shari Mahrdt. Our swag (150 T-Shirts and Stickers) was gone by the morning of day 2 and we met a great deal of visitors who were very interested in OpenStack.
This year’s talks showed how leaders in various different industries are using the power of open source and collaboration for innovation and advancement in technology.
- VIP Reception at the oldest restaurant in Dusseldorf the “Brauerei Zum Schiffchen”, which was open to speakers, sponsors and media, offered traditional German food and made sure every single guest had a glass of beer in their hand at all times 🙂
- The closing party for all attendees at the “Nachresidenz”, an architecturally unique club in Düsseldorf.
OpenStack related speaking sessions included:
- HP Helion OpenStack Workshop, a technical workshop and a great opportunity for developers, technical IT professionals and OpenStack enthusiasts to get a technical overview of the HP Helion OpenStack Community and how to adopt it in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Florian Haas offered a tutorial on Trove: Database as a Service in OpenStack.
- High Performance NFV Infrastructure (NFVI): DPDK Host Applications with Neutron/OpenStack and VNF Acceleration
- KVM, OpenStack, and the Open Cloud
- OpenStack REST API: Compatible or Consistent
(Photos by Tomasz Napierala)