Many people have asked for more insight into the developer activities for OpenStack as the large number of code changes and proposals make it difficult to monitor everything happening. In hopes of exposing more of the developer activities, I plan to post a weekly or biweekly blog post on the latest development activities. If you have any ideas for this blog post, please email me at [email protected]. I am always ready to listen to the community for new ideas.
- Cactus Branch Merge Proposal Freeze in Effect – https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg01375.html
- OpenStack Design Summit Registration – http://openstack.org/register
Developer Mailing List (archive: https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/)
This is select list of topics discussed this week in the developer mailing list and is not a complete list. Please visit the archive to see all the topics.
- Review priorities until Feature Freeze on March 24 – Thierry Carrez details the priority of code for review over the next 7 days. List at https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg01377.html.
- Problems with path, prefix and delimiter with Object Storage – Juan Martinez notes an issue he is seeing with parameters in calling list_objects, get_objects, etc. John Dickinson clarifies the issues and it appears that the documentation needs some better clarification. Anne Gentle explains how to update the existing documentation.
- A single cross–zone database? – Sandy Walsh brings up a design question about how to implement a sample use case – “Show me all Cutomer X Instances, across all Zones.” This lead to a quality discussion among Justin Santa Barbara, Paul Voccio, Ed Leafe, Andrew Shafer, Glen Campbell, and Eric Day. Go to https://lists.launchpad.net/openstack/msg01345.html for the complete discussion.
- Number of OpenStack Developers on Contributors List – 155 (+1 for week)
- Cactus Release Status – Blueprints (http://wiki.openstack.org/releasestatus/)
- Essential – 5 Design Approved; 3 Implemented – 2 Needs Code Review
- High – 11 Blueprints; 5 Implemented – 1 Slow Progress – 2 Need Code Review – 3 Deferred
- Medium – 22 Blueprints; 5 Needs Code Review; 11 Implemented –2 Good Progress – 1 Started – 1 Not Started – 2 Deferred
- Low – 15 Blueprints; 6 Implemented – 1 Needs Code Review; 1 Started – 5 Not Started – 2 Deferred
- Undefined – 1 Implemented
For the latest on development activities on OpenStack please check these sites for more details:
- OpenStack Wiki Home Page – http://wiki.openstack.org/StartingPage
- How to Become a Developer on OpenStack – http://wiki.openstack.org/HowToContribute
- Cactus Release Schedule – http://wiki.openstack.org/CactusReleaseSchedule
- Developer Mailing List – https://launchpad.net/~openstack
- IRC Discussions – #openstack on freenode
Leave a Reply