While this topic would have been good for the Tips-and-tricks section below, I think it deserves to open this week’s wrap-up. With a new session of Outreach Program for Women about to start for OpenStack, our good mentor Flavio Percoco gives some ideas on being a good mentor.
The last meeting of the current Technical Committee before the elections (which started today). Vishvananda Ishaya wraps up the conversations around graduation, the contributor license agreement and the “big tent”.
With Paris only weeks away it’s time to announce that we have a time and place to meet people whose job is to decide what OpenStack means for their company. The OpenStack Foundation has offered a room to meet in Paris on Monday, November 3rd, in the afternoon: please add the meeting to your schedule and join the mailing list.
The Road To Paris 2014 – Deadlines and Resources
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short survey to provide input for the group.
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
- The official Schedule for the Paris Summit is available
- Creation of neutron-drivers team
- Nova Project Priorities for Kilo
- [neutron] Priorities for Kilo and the Summit
- How to scale Documentation
- PTL Election Conclusion and Results
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Kashyap Chamarthy: libvirt blockcommit: shorten disk image chain by live merging the current active disk content
- By gaea: A Web Application to Monitor and Understand Energy Consumption in an Openstack Cloud
- By Ben Nemec: Host Filesystem Impact on Tempest Performance in OpenStack
- By Mark Voelker: What it takes to make a cloud deployment successful
Security Advisories and Notices
- Oct 13 – 15, 2014 CloudOpen / LinuxCon Europe Düsseldorf, Germany
- Oct 13 – 16, 2014 Futurecom Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Oct 15 – 17, 2014 ITPro Expo Tokyo, Japan
- Oct 23, 2014 OpenStack L.A. Meetup Pasadena, CA, US
- Oct 25, 2014 Rakuten Technology Conference Tokyo, Japan
- Oct 27, 2014 Japan OpenStack User Group Meetup Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JP
- Oct 30 – Nov 01, 2014 Open World Forum Paris, France
- Nov 03 – 07, 2014 OpenStack Summit November 2014 Paris, France
- Nov 09 – 14, 2014 USENIX LISA Seattle, WA
- Dec 01, 2014 Japan OpenStack User Group Meetup Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, JP
- Dec 02 – 05, 2014 Gartner Data Center Conference Las Vegas, NV
- New visual appearance for openstack.org
- [Nova] Juno RC2 available
- [Cinder] Juno RC2 available
- [Heat] Juno RC2 available
- [Sahara] Juno RC2 available
- [Ceilometer] Juno RC2 available
- [Keystone] Juno RC2 available
- Futurecom 2014
- 4 Issues that Ail Swift
- QuintupleO Status Update
- Juno is here: What’s new in OpenStack Trove?
- Support the Ada Initiative: A Challenge to the OpenStack Community
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- cinder-vmware integration: stuck with error “No backend provided & No valid host was found”
- When will a performance enhanced (dpdk or other) openvswitch be integrated into the openstack?
- tempest all object storage test failing RestClientException
- How to visualize the whole OpenStack topology on ODL GUI with links?
- UnicodeError error when starting glance registry service
- How should neutron service plugins communicate with each other?
- Instances lose networking after a few minutes
- How to put object using Postman with Swift API?
- How to add members to image in multi-domain cloud
- Juno – neutron plugin compatibility matrix
Welcome New Reviewers, Developers and Core Reviewers
|Mudassir Latif||Daniel Mellado|
|Barnaby Court||Oleksii Zamiatin|
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.