Our first OpenStack Ambassadors
Following on from our earlier discussions about the OpenStack Ambassador Program, it is with great excitement that the Foundation introduced the first OpenStack Ambassadors. In this initial stage, we were only looking for a small number but were very honoured to have applications from many more excellent candidates and will aim to introduce more ambassadors in the next 6 months. The ambassadors are currently working to scope out the program and are keen to start making an impact in our community. Follow the discussion on the community mailing list.
Welcome new Gold Members Aptira, Hitachi, and Huawei!
The OpenStack Board of Directors approved Aptira, Hitachi and Huawei as Gold Members of the OpenStack Foundation. The companies are based in Australia/India, Japan and China respectively, and range from a startup to established, multinational corporations.
OpenStack User Survey Statistics November 2013
The OpenStack User Committee and Foundation staff conducted a survey of OpenStack cloud operators and end users, and are sharing the results with the community this week during the OpenStack Summit Hong Kong. The goal of the survey is to give users a strong voice in the community to share their technical requirements, feedback and best practices with the developers building OpenStack, as well as other cloud operators.
The survey generated 822 responses and catalogued 387 OpenStack cloud deployments across 56 countries. A few key highlights on the detailed blog post and infographic.
Expect the Minus One
We want your patches for OpenStack, Keystone. Just don’t be surprised when it gets a minus one rating. A patch that gets a minus one from a core developer is probably on the right track, it just needs adjustment to fit in with the rest of Keystone. In other words, don’t be afraid, says Adam Young.
DNSaaS with Designate, PowerDNS and NSD4
Designate is a DNS as-a-service project, it is intended to provide a DNS service for creating, updating, maintaining and deleting DNS data using its API, as well as providing DNS resolution for users
Reports from OpenStack Hong Kong Summit
- OpenStack Design Summit Day 1
- OpenStack summit first day
- OpenStack Design Summit Day 2
- Second day at the OpenStack summit
- OpenStack Design Summit Day 3
- Third day at the OpenStack design summit
- OpenStack Design Summit Day 4
- OpenStack Summit Hong Kong
- OpenStack Design Summit Icehouse, from a Ceilometer point of view
- Lessons and outcomes from the Hong-Kong summit
- Reflecting on the OpenStack Summit in Hong Kong
- Plates Spun at the OpenStack Summit
- OpenStack Design Summit… Neutron point of view
Podcast Series From Hong Kong
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Loïc Dachary: Migrating from ganeti to OpenStack via Ceph
- By Adam Young: Policy Enforcement in OpenStack
- By Mirantis: Using OpenStack in the Real World: Part 1: Understanding the Lay of the Land
- By Adam Young: More Keystone V3 API Examples
- By Mirantis: Benchmarking OpenStack at Scale with Rally–A Presentation
- By Loïc Dachary: Collocating Ceph volumes and instances in a multi-datacenter setup
- By Loïc Dachary: Fragmented floating IP pools and multiple AS hack
- Openstack Hands on Lab Nov 19, 2013 – Philadelphia, PA Details
- INTEROP Nov 20 – 22, 2013 – Mumbai, India Details
- Openstack Hands on Lab Nov 20, 2013 – Rocky Hill, CT Details
- Openstack Hands on Lab Nov 21, 2013 – New York, NY Details
- OpenStack Pune Meetup Nov 23, 2013 – Pune, India Details
- OpenStack in action 4 Dec 05, 2013 – Paris, France Details
- Swiss and Rhone-Alpes OpenStack user group meeting Dec 06, 2013 – CERN, Meyrin, Switzerland Details
- Gartner Data Center Conference Dec 09 – 12, 2013 – Las Vegas, NV, USA Details
- OpenStack Israel Dec 09, 2013 – Tel-Aviv, Israel Details
- OpenStack Operations Guide now an O’Reilly Early Edition
- The Tenrec Rises: Deploying OpenStack, Havana Edition
- What’s New in OpenStack/VMware Integration in the Havana Cycle
- Women of OpenStack, Why?
- Open Mic Spotlight: Masanori Itoh
- Open Mic Spotlight: Ionuț Arțăriși
- There is no open core in OpenStack
- OpenStack Project Meeting: postponed
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Is your affiliation correct? Check your profile in the OpenStack Foundation Members Database!
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Metering (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Hadoop Cluster as a Service (Savanna)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.
Leave a Reply