It’s already a legend: after 7 months and 42(fortytwo) patch sets, Sebastien Han’s patch got merged into DevStack. The patch configures things to bootstrap a Ceph cluster and then configure the OpenStack services Glance, Cinder, Cinder backup and Nova. A toast to Sebastien’s persistence and to all Devstack maintainers who provided help.
Keystone team looking for feedback
The Keystone team is looking for feedback from the community on what type of Keystone Token is being used in your OpenStack deployments. This is to help us understand the use of the different providers and get information on the reasoning (if possible) that that token provider is being used. Please respond to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NZNDH3M
Third Party CI group meeting summary:
At this week’s meeting the Third-Party group continued to discuss a new testing terminology proposal and and a proposal for recheck syntax. There was also a summary review of the proposed initial draft for a sharing of best practices and a good discussion on using templates for configuration files. Anyone deploying a third-party test system or interested in easing third-party involvement is welcome to attend the meetings. Minutes of ThirdParty meetings are carefully logged.
The Road To Paris 2014 – Deadlines and Resources
During the Paris Summit there will be a working session for the Women of OpenStack to frame up more defined goals and line out a blueprint for the group moving forward. We encourage all women in the community to complete this very short surveyto provide input for the group.
- Session voting is open. Hurry, voting closes at 11:59pm CDT on August 6.
- Applications for Travel Support Program are open until August 18th
- Request an invitation letter for VISA
- Reserve hotel rooms
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Sina Sadeghi: OpenStack Identity (Keystone) on FreeBSD
- By Aleksandr Shaposhnikov: Improving DHCP Performance In OpenStack
- By Thomas Herve: Multi-tenant Docker with OpenStack Heat
- By Robert van Leeuwen: Using Ceilometer with Graphite
- By Arx Cruz: Deleting OpenStack Instances directly from database
- By Ana Malagon: Notes on Stevedore
- OpenStack miniconf at PyCon AU Aug 01 – 05, 2014 – Brisbane, Queensland, AU Details
- OpenStack Track FOSS event MIT Aug 02, 2014 – Pune, Maharashtra, India Details
- SFBay Meetup – Beginner track Aug 07, 2014 – Sunnyvale, CA Details
- OpenStack workshop at Fedora Flock Aug 09, 2014 – Prague, Czech Republic, CZ Details
- OpenStack Meetup New Delhi Aug 09, 2014 – Noida, UP, India Details
- Serviceability, Swift and OpenStack Aug 14, 2014 – Boston, MA, US Details
- OpenStack Trove Day Aug 19, 2014 – Cambridge, MA, US Details
- CloudOpen North America Aug 20 – 22, 2014 – Chicago, IL Details
- OpenStack Silicon Valley Sep 16, 2014 – Mountain View, CA, US Details
- OpenStack Conference Benelux 2014 Sep 19, 2014 – Bussum, The Netherlands Details
- OpenStack Summit November 2014 Nov 03 – 07, 2014 – Paris, France Details
- DefCore Advances at the Core > My take on the OSCON’14 OpenStack Board Meeting
- Upcoming Industry Events & CFP Deadlines!
- Announce: gerrymander 1.3 – a client API and command line tool for gerrit
- OpenStack Project Meeting: Summary and full logs.
Ask OpenStack is the go-to destination for OpenStack users. Interesting questions waiting for answers:
- What does the “1” state mean in OpenStack’s web interface Horizon CSV Summary?
- Is API available to create and attach volume when creating server
- Is it possible to launch instance based on parameter passed to the heat template
- Openstack nova, cinder, neutron and swift default drivers are hardware agnostic?
Welcome New Reviewers and Developers
Latest Activity In Projects
Do you want to see at a glance the bugs filed and solved this week? Latest patches submitted for review? Check out the individual project pages on OpenStack Activity Board – Insights.
- Telemetry (Ceilometer)
- Block Storage (Cinder)
- Image Service (Glance)
- Orchestration API (Heat)
- Dashboard (Horizon)
- Bare Metal Provisioning (Ironic)
- Identity (Keystone)
- Networking (Neutron)
- Compute (Nova)
- Data Processing (Sahara)
- Object Storage (Swift)
- Database As A Service (Trove)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.