Please help shape the future of the Developer Mailing List Digest with this two question survey: https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/openstack_developer_digest_feedback
Contribute to the Dev Digest by summarizing OpenStack Dev List threads:
Success Bot Says
- None for this week. Tell us yours in OpenStack IRC channels using the command “#success <comment>”
Thanks Bot Says
- diablo_rojo on #openstack-101 : spotz for watching the #openstack-101 channel and helping to point newcomers to good resources to get them started 🙂
- fungi on #openstack-infra : dmsimard and mnaser for getting deep-linking in ara working for firefox
- fungi on #openstack-infra : to Matt Van Winkle for volunteering to act as internal advocate at Rackspace for our control plane account there!
- AJaeger on #openstack-doc : corvus for deleting /draft content
- AJaeger on #openstack-infra : cmurphy for your investigation
- AJaeger on #openstack-infra : to mordred for laying wonderful groundwork with the tox_siblings work.
- smcginnis on #openstack-infra : fungi jeblair mordred AJaeger and other infra-team members for clearing up release job issues
- fungi on #openstack-infra : zuul v3 for having such detailed configuration syntax error reporting.
- fungi on #openstack-dev : diablo_rojo and persia for smooth but “rocky” ptl elections!
- Tell us yours in OpenStack IRC channels using the command “#thanks <comment>”
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2017-12-20.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-01-09.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-01-30.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-02-03.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2017-12-11.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-02-14.log.html
- Nova Placement update 
- Release Countdown 
- TC Report 
- Technical Committee Status update 
PTG Bot HOWTO for Dublin
The third PTG is an event where topics of discussion are loosely scheduled in tracks to maximize the attendee productivity. To keep track of what’s happening currently we have an event schedule page . Below are some helpful discussions in using PTG bot:
Track leads will be able issue various commands  in irc channel #openstack-ptg:
- #TRACK now <what’s being discussed>
- example: #swift now brainstorming improvements to the ring.
- Cross project interactions #TRACK now <what’s being discussed with other #TRACK>:
- #nova now discussing #cinder interactions
- What’s next #TRACK next <what will be discussed>:
- #api-sig next at 2pm we’ll be discussing pagination woes
- Clear all now and next entries for a track #TRACK clean:
- #ironic clean
Booking Reservable Rooms
Reservable rooms and what’s being discussed works the same with it showing on the event schedule page .
Different set of commands:
- Get the slot codes with the book command:
- #TRACK book
- #TRACK book <slot_code>
- example: #relmgt book Coiste Bainisti-MonP2
Any track can book additional space. These slots are 1 hour and 45 minutes long. You can ask ttx, diablo_rojo or #openstack-infra to add a track that’s missing. Keep in mind various teams will be soley relying on this for space at the PTG.
Additional commands can be found in the PTG bot README .
Full messages: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-February/127413.html and http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-February/127414.html
PTL Election Results and Conclusions
PTL election is over and the results are in ! Congrats to returning and new PTLs!
There were three elections that took place:
- Kolla 
- Mistral 
- Quality Assurance 
On the statistics side, we renewed 17 of the 64 PTLs, so around 27%. Our usual renewal rate is more around 35%, but we did renew more at the last elections (40%) so this is likely why we didn’t renew as much as usual this time. Much thanks to our election officials for carrying out this important responsibility in our community!
Election Process Tweaks
Discussions have started with ways to improve our election process. Current scripts in place have become brittle that are needed for governance documentation building that use gerrit lookup functions. Election officials currently have to make changes to an exception file  when email address with foundation accounts don’t match gerrit.
Discussed improvements include:
- Uncouple TC and PTL election processes.
- Make TC and PTL validation functions separate.
- Change how-to-submit-candidacy directions to requires candidates email address to match their gerrit and foundation account.
Comments, concerns and better ideas are welcome. The plan is to schedule time at the PTG to start hacking on some of those items so feedback before then would be appreciated by your election officials!