Please help shape the future of the Developer Mailing List Digest with this two question survey: https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/openstack_developer_digest_feedback
Success Bot Says
- stephenfin on #openstack-nova : After 3 years and 7 (?) releases, encryption between nova’s consoleproxy service and compute nodes is finally possible ✌️
- AJaeger on #openstack-infra : zuul and nodepool feature/zuulv3 branches have merged into master
- ildikov on #openstack-nova : OpenStack now supports to attach a Cinder volume to multiple VM instances managed by Nova.
- mriedem on #openstack-nova : osc-placement 1.0.0 released; you can now do things with resource providers/classes via OSC CLI now.
- AJaeger on #openstack-infra : All tox jobs have been converted to Zuul v3 native syntax, run-tox.sh is gone.
- ttx on #openstack-dev : All teams have at least one candidate for PTL for the Rocky cycle! Might be the first time.
- Tell us yours in OpenStack IRC channels using the command “#success <comment>”
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-nova/%23openstack-nova.2018-01-15.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-01-18.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-nova/%23openstack-nova.2018-01-23.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-nova/%23openstack-nova.2018-01-24.log.html
 – http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-infra/%23openstack-infra.2018-02-07.log.html
- Release countdown 
- Nova placement resource provider update 
- TC Report 
- POST /api-sig/news 
- Technical Committee Status Update 
Dublin PTG Schedule is Up
PTG schedule is available . A lot of rooms are available Monday/Tuesday to discuss additional topics that take half a day and can be requested . For small things (90 min discussions) we can book them dyncamically during the event with the new PTG bot features. Follow the thread for updates to the schedule .
Last Chance for PTG Dublin Tickets
PTG tickets for Dublin were sold out this week, and the Foundation received many requests for more tickets. Working with the venue to accommodate the extra capacity, every additional attendee incrementally increases costs to $600. It’s understood the importance of this event and the need to have key team members present, so the OpenStack Foundation has negotiated an additional 100 tickets and will partially subsidize to be at sold at $400 .
New Zuul Depends-On Syntax
Recently introduced url-based syntax for Depends-On: footer in your commit message:
Old syntax will continue to work for a while, but please begin using the new syntax. Zuul has grown the ability to talk to multiple backend systems (Gerrit, Git and plain Git so far).
From a change in gerrit you could have:
Or from a Github pull request:
Tips and certain cases contained further in the full message.
Call For Mentors and Funding
The Outreachy program  helps people of underrepresented groups get involved in free and open source software by matching interns with established mentors in the upstream community.
OpenStack will be participating in Outreachy May 2018 to August 2018. Application period opens on February 12th.
Interested mentors should publish their project ideas . You can read more information about being a mentor .
Interested sponsors  can help provide a stipend to interns for a three month program.
Community Goals for Rocky
TC voted by not approved yet:
- Remove mox 
- Toggle the debug option at runtime 
Comment now on the two selected goals, or the TC will approve them and they’ll be discussed at the PTG.
End of PTL Nominations
Official candidate list available . There are 0 projects without candidates, so the TC will not have to appoint an PTL’s.
Three projects will have elections: Kolla, QA and Mistral.