Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
The main goal in OpenStack I18n team is to make OpenStack ubiquitous. To accomplish this, translating and reviewing strings for better quality of outcomes are what translators conveniently do in Zanata. However, what the most powerful aspect using Zanata in I18n team is that Zanata enabled OpenStack I18n team to more collaborates with many OpenStack project teams with development aspect.
In this talk, we explain cool Zanata features which more encourage upstream collaboration for better OpenStack internationalization including Zanata REST APIs, Zanata-cli, OpenStackID integration with Zanata,
and how PO files are managed using Zanata with multiple OpenStack project teams. Also, we would like share how open source collaboration made be possible in OpenStack translation and development, and also in OpenStack I18n and Zanata development teams by telling memorable stories on the collaboration with many OpenStack official project teams from Zanata development team and I18n team.
We expect that attendees learn the followings but not limited to:
- Translation is also one of open source activities.
- Zanata is an open source translation platform and OpenStack powers internationalization using Zanata.
- Which Zanata features power OpenStack internationalization?
- How such features facilitate collaboration across multiple OpenStack upstream teams?
- How Zanata evolves with the feedback from OpenStack I18n team?
- How developers utilize Zanata for better internationalizatoin?
- How other open source projects can make use of Zanata?