Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
With over 25 OpenStack Days slated for 2016 and the numbers rising for 2017, an increasing number of OpenStack community members are becoming involved as organizers for these events. You will hear the important lessons learned by several OpenStack Days organizers from around the world.
In this panel discussion, you will:
- Learn about initial expectations for planning an OpenStack Days event.
- Explore enabling more diversity and inclusion with speakers and attendees for each event.
- Receive advice on soliciting speakers and sponsors for an event.
- Discuss challenges that presented themselves during several different OpenStack Days events.
- Lessoned learned and advice for prospective OpenStack Days organizers.
This discussion will share the various experiences of organizers from different corners of the OpenStack ecosystem to highlight their learnings and hands on experiences.
Attendees can expect to gain practical takeaways for planning and executing a community organized event based on the advice of current OpenStack Day organizers.