Date Joined: July 14, 2017
Country: United States
Registered for Upcoming
- Red Hat - From 2007-11-01 (Current)
Statement of Interest
Areas Of Expertise
- OpenSCAP + SCAP Security Guide: Scaling security compliance with automation
- OpenControl: Dynamically creating security paperwork to support industry regulations, such as PCI and FedRAMP
- OpenShift: Designing OpenShift+Kubernetes deployments for use in classified systems
- OpenStack: Architecting and Operating the first OpenStack-based FedRAMP High cloud. Co-authoring the OpenStack Security Guide with OpenStack Foundation.
Shawn works as the Chief Security Technologist for Red Hat's Public Sector organization, focused on scoping, founding, and management of open source security technologies relevant to military computing initiatives. Wider known projects include co-authoring the first edition OpenStack Security Guide with the OpenStack Foundation, co-founding the OpenSCAP and SCAP Security Guide project, and leading Red Hat's OpenControl tooling and content. Prior to this role Shawn was Red Hat's Technical Director for Intelligence Programs; a significant project was running Secret and Top Secret workloads on the same KVM-based hypervisor, and getting that through U.S. Government accreditation (a first in the US Military).
Presentations from previous OpenStack Summits:
Willing to present via video conference: Yes
Willing to travel to any country: Yes