Registration prices for the Vancouver Summit increase April 1. Register now to save 50% REGISTER TODAY
Date Posted: March 24
Date Posted: January 27
Date Posted: January 19
1) Responsible for product management of our online openstack.org/marketplace
- Managing roadmap to improve the marketplace to meet the needs of users, including dding new categories, adding new functionality, publishing supporting data, increasing awareness and use by customers, and tracking leads and conversion.
- Engaging with users of marketplace to understand what they want out of it
- Analyzing and reporting on data regarding marketplace performance to provide insights into what users want and to inform the marketplace roadmap
2) Responsible for helping the Director of Business Development continue to grow the ecosystem, and to engage the current participants, to further the Foundation’s mission.
3) Assist in building and managing a Certification program for individual developers and engineers.
4) Create a program to manage quality control across Training in the OpenStack Training ecosystem.
5) Cultivate deeper relationships with Ecosystem companies.
- Help ecosystem companies understand how they fit into the OpenStack universe
- Help companies better integrate with the OpenStack community processes, ecosystem events, etc.
- Help companies identify paths and possibilities for contributions to the wider OpenStack base.
- Communicate important information from ecosystem companies back to the OpenStack Foundation
- Help create technical content for ecosystem companies.
6) Trademark management - get ecosystem companies involved in the appropriate trademark programs, and recommendations going forward
- Familiar with OpenStack and the players in the ecosystem, including different models (distributions, public clouds, services companies, etc)
- Technical enough to install and manage a small openstack cloud, not afraid to get hands dirty (devstack at a minimum, ideally with multiple distributions and drivers)
- Loves OpenStack! Will do whatever it takes to make OpenStack successful. Believes in open source and the mission of the Foundation.
- Willing to travel as much as needed globally to engage with users and companies wherever they are.
- Familiar with product management processes (i.e. ability to document requirements for development teams to improve the marketplace)
- Contract negotiation & partner/vendor management experience a plus
Date Posted: December 10
Date Posted: December 10
Date Posted: December 04
As a key member of the team, you will be involved in several important functions within the marketing team:
About OpenStack Foundation:
OpenStack is software for building clouds. OpenStack powers some of the world’s largest public clouds, widely-used SaaS applications, eCommerce sites and Global 1000 enterprises alike. Best Buy, Bloomberg, CERN, Cisco WebEx, Comcast, eBay, Intel, HP, MercadoLibre, NSA, Rackspace, Paypal, Sony Computer Entertainment America and hundreds more rely on OpenStack to run their business every day.
The OpenStack project was created in 2010 by Rackspace and NASA - today OpenStack is backed by an independent and non-profit Foundation that launched in September of 2012. The Foundation is comprised of a global community with more than 13,500 members representing 1,500 unique organizations across 130 countries. The Foundation is supported by the benevolence of our member companies and sponsors. The goal of the OpenStack Foundation is to serve developers, users and the entire ecosystem by providing a set of shared resources to grow the footprint of public and private OpenStack clouds, enable technology vendors targeting the platform and assist developers in producing the best cloud software in the industry.
The marketing team within the OpenStack Foundation develops messaging and provides marketing resources for the ecosystem of OpenStack users, supporting companies of the Foundation, and developers. Twice annually the Foundation hosts a Summit for the community - a five-day conference for OpenStack developers, ecosystem members, service providers and enterprise users. The event currently sees over 3,000 attendees, 80 sponsors, industry-leading keynote speakers, 200+ breakout sessions, hands-on workshops, collaborative design sessions and various networking opportunities. The marketing team fully supports the Summits in addition to many global community and industry events throughout the year.
The Foundation offers a unique learning opportunity for a student or a recent graduate to work directly with marketers and executives from many of the world's largest tech companies and rapidly growing tech startups.
Our staff is small in size but far in reach. Meet us here: https://www.openstack.org/foundation/staff
Submit your Job Offer here.Post A Job For Free