Date Posted: June 11
OpenStack’s mission statement is:
To produce the ubiquitous OpenSource Cloud Computing platform that will meet the needs of public and private clouds regardless of size, by being simple to implement and massively scalable.
And the Foundation is… Protecting, Empowering, and Promoting OpenStack software and the community around it, including users, developers and the entire ecosystem.
The ecosystem is a critical part of what makes OpenStack tick. The software itself is developed by engineers from over 50 companies, and many of those companies then take the raw openstack code and productize it downstream. Those products and services make it easier for end users to adopt.
The Foundation plays a vital role in the middle of this vibrant community by bringing all of the players together to produce a world class platform that users want, and by helping users make informed decisions about OpenStack products through tools like the OpenStack Marketplace. The ecosystem manager sits right in the middle of this movement, helping users adopt OpenStack-powered tools to achieve their business goals, which furthers our overall mission to drive adoption.
1) Responsible for product management of our online openstack.org/marketplace
- Managing roadmap to improve the marketplace to meet the needs of users
- Engaging with users of marketplace to understand what they want out of it
- Analyzing and reporting on data regarding marketplace performance to provide insights into what users want and to inform the marketplace roadmap
2) Responsible for helping the Director of Business Development continue to grow the ecosystem, and to engage the current participants, to further the Foundation’s mission.
3) Be the Foundation representative on Interop efforts (e.g. Defcore) with enough technical depth to provide input on testing requirements, to further the goal of improved interoperability between openstack products
4) Lead the effort to establish a Certification program for individuals, including establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating deals as needed and ongoing management of Certification as a business.
- Familiar with OpenStack and the players in the ecosystem, including different models (distributions, public clouds, services companies, etc)
- Technical enough to install and manage a small openstack cloud, not afraid to get hands dirty (devstack at a minimum, ideally with multiple distributions and drivers)
- Technical enough to run tempest tests against openstack products, and even contribute to improving the tempest tests.
- Loves OpenStack! Will do whatever it takes to make OpenStack successful. Believes in open source and the mission of the Foundation.
- Willing to travel as much as needed globally to engage with users and companies wherever they are.
- Familiar with product management processes (i.e. ability to document requirements for development teams to improve the marketplace)
- Contract negotiation & partner/vendor management experience a plus
Although the role is "ecosystem manager", job 1 is understand what users really want from OpenStack. You will work closely with the User Community Manager and will reguarly engage with OpenStack users to understand their path to adoption to identify and knock down barriers. Bringing quantitative and qualitative analysis to the table will be critical, including analyzing and improving the user survey, as well as the engagement metrics from the online marketplace.
Open to considering various locations for the right individual.