Want to speak at the next OpenStack Summit? Submit a talk before July 15! SUBMIT A TALK
Date Posted: April 21
· As a key member of the team, you will manage several important functions within the marketing team.
· Work with our event management production company to execute action items for the twice-annual global Summits (held in Atlanta, Paris, Vancouver, Tokyo, etc.)
· Administer Summit registration (5,000+ attendees), including specialized registrations of Active Technical Contributors, Press/Analysts, Travel Support recipients, Speakers, etc.
· Directly communicate with Summit sponsors, registrants, speakers, press and analyst attendees, etc.
· Assist with the internal sponsor confirmation, tracking and follow-up process
· Assist with tracking the Summit deliverables timeline to make sure all sponsors, media and specialized groups meet their deadlines
· Respond to general Summit-related requests that come through the customer service email-ticketing portal, Zendesk
· Assist with fulfilling the visa invitation requests from Summit attendees travelling to the event from other countries.
· Facilitate the Travel Support Program for each Summit, which involves promoting it, reviewing applications, communicating and coordinating with grantees, coordinating with the travel agency
· Manage updating specific areas of website content including the Summit-specific section of the website, the supporting company and member page, the jobs board, the events board, etc.
· Promote and help plan special projects and events - including the Women of OpenStack events, mid-cycle Ops Meetup, etc
· Help organize the global OpenStack User Group Birthday campaign including working with local organizers to schedule and promote their parties, distribute branding assets and slide decks for the groups to use at their events, distribute sponsorship funds, gather photos and videos taken at each event
Date Posted: March 24
Date Posted: January 19
1) Responsible for product management of our online openstack.org/marketplace
- Managing roadmap to improve the marketplace to meet the needs of users, including dding new categories, adding new functionality, publishing supporting data, increasing awareness and use by customers, and tracking leads and conversion.
- Engaging with users of marketplace to understand what they want out of it
- Analyzing and reporting on data regarding marketplace performance to provide insights into what users want and to inform the marketplace roadmap
2) Responsible for helping the Director of Business Development continue to grow the ecosystem, and to engage the current participants, to further the Foundation’s mission.
3) Assist in building and managing a Certification program for individual developers and engineers.
4) Create a program to manage quality control across Training in the OpenStack Training ecosystem.
5) Cultivate deeper relationships with Ecosystem companies.
- Help ecosystem companies understand how they fit into the OpenStack universe
- Help companies better integrate with the OpenStack community processes, ecosystem events, etc.
- Help companies identify paths and possibilities for contributions to the wider OpenStack base.
- Communicate important information from ecosystem companies back to the OpenStack Foundation
- Help create technical content for ecosystem companies.
6) Trademark management - get ecosystem companies involved in the appropriate trademark programs, and recommendations going forward
- Familiar with OpenStack and the players in the ecosystem, including different models (distributions, public clouds, services companies, etc)
- Technical enough to install and manage a small openstack cloud, not afraid to get hands dirty (devstack at a minimum, ideally with multiple distributions and drivers)
- Loves OpenStack! Will do whatever it takes to make OpenStack successful. Believes in open source and the mission of the Foundation.
- Willing to travel as much as needed globally to engage with users and companies wherever they are.
- Familiar with product management processes (i.e. ability to document requirements for development teams to improve the marketplace)
- Contract negotiation & partner/vendor management experience a plus
OpenStack Foundation Hiring
OpenStack Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OpenStack Foundation complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OpenStack Foundation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OpenStack Foundation’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Submit your Job Offer here.Post A Job For Free