We propose a Birds of Feather session for Operators across the board to discuss all aspects of networking associated with OpenStack deployments. These are the topics to cover:
- An assessment of popular physical networking architectures deployed by operators.
- Discussion of some of the physical networking architectures recommended by OpenStack distributions such as Mirantis and RedHat but not exclusive to these ones.
- Neutron plugins and pros and cons associated with the different plugins being used by Operators.
- Neutron API performance and scaling challenges - operators to share experiences and best practices.
- Network functions such as firewalls, load balancers, IDS/IPS, DDoS mitigation - physical, virtual and containerized and how best to integrate and subject OpenStack based workloads to those network functions.
- Visibility, analytics, logging, troubleshooting - experiences and best practices.