Being the largest bank in Central and Eastern Europe and the only Russian bank featuring in the World's Top 50 Biggest Banks, Sberbank operates a diverse set of business critical applications hosted on heterogeneous x86 / RISC infrastructure and needs to update them much faster than ever to keep ahead of the game.
On its journey towards becoming a true Agile Enterprise, Sberbank has chosen OpenStack and Murano to speed up provisioning of complex multi-tier applications spread across KVM, VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, IBM PowerVM and Oracle SPARC virtual machines as well as bare-metal servers for 6500+ in-house developers and QA engineers.
This session will provide some details on architectural decisions, trade-offs and lessons learned while designing and building such a complex OpenStack environment.
- How to build heterogeneous environment with shared Horizon and Keystone
- How to integrate non-x86 servers into your OpenStack environment
- How to model complex applications build using legacy enterprise software and publish it to your Murano app catalog
- How to make a diverse OpenStack deployment repeatable using Fuel plugins
- How to make it agile with undercloud / overcloud approach
- How to keep such a project manageable with limited resources and strict schedule