Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Being the largest bank in Central and Eastern Europe and the only Russian bank featuring in the World's Top 50 Biggest Banks, Sberbank operates a diverse set of business critical applications hosted on heterogeneous x86 / RISC infrastructure and needs to update them much faster than ever to keep ahead of the game.
On its journey towards becoming a true Agile Enterprise, Sberbank has chosen OpenStack and Murano to speed up provisioning of complex multi-tier applications spread across KVM, VMware vSphere, MS Hyper-V, IBM PowerVM and Oracle SPARC virtual machines as well as bare-metal servers for 6500+ in-house developers and QA engineers.
This session will provide some details on architectural decisions, trade-offs and lessons learned while designing and building such a complex OpenStack environment.
- How to build heterogeneous environment with shared Horizon and Keystone
- How to integrate non-x86 servers into your OpenStack environment
- How to model complex applications build using legacy enterprise software and publish it to your Murano app catalog
- How to make a diverse OpenStack deployment repeatable using Fuel plugins
- How to make it agile with undercloud / overcloud approach
- How to keep such a project manageable with limited resources and strict schedule