When infrastructure becomes invisible and boring, great applications can shine. Let's talk about what happens when you try apps on OpenStack, putting OpenStack itself behind the scenes. Let's take a journey from OpenStack contributor to OpenStack consumer. With an application developer mindset, deploying applications on OpenStack can be frustrating and error-prone, yet for many use cases and environments it makes the most sense. Let's learn about floating IPs and tenant IDs by trying to deploy a staging environment for a docs site.
- What are common use cases for applications on OpenStack?
- Which configuration management technologies are prevalent among Chef, Puppet, Ansible?
- Why you would use Orchestration templates in combination with other deployment solutions?
- Where do containers on OpenStack fit into the application deployment use case?
- How do you get practice deploying applications on OpenStack?
- Which errors are the most common, and how do you troubleshoot an application stack?