Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
When infrastructure becomes invisible and boring, great applications can shine. Let's talk about what happens when you try apps on OpenStack, putting OpenStack itself behind the scenes. Let's take a journey from OpenStack contributor to OpenStack consumer. With an application developer mindset, deploying applications on OpenStack can be frustrating and error-prone, yet for many use cases and environments it makes the most sense. Let's learn about floating IPs and tenant IDs by trying to deploy a staging environment for a docs site.
- What are common use cases for applications on OpenStack?
- Which configuration management technologies are prevalent among Chef, Puppet, Ansible?
- Why you would use Orchestration templates in combination with other deployment solutions?
- Where do containers on OpenStack fit into the application deployment use case?
- How do you get practice deploying applications on OpenStack?
- Which errors are the most common, and how do you troubleshoot an application stack?