The Data Processing service (Sahara) has been a part of OpenStack for quite a while. With the development of highly-anticipated features including bare metal cluster provisioning, Sahara is more ready than ever to unlock the promise of truly elastic data processing.
We will discuss new features in Newton, including:
- Bare Metal cluster provisioning with Ironic
- Clusters security management with Kerberos integration
- Cluster management improvements including event logging and cluster health checks
- Streamlined image generation capabilities
- New approach to integration testing with a specifically designed testing framework
- How to configure your cluster for peak performance by placing data processing power on bare metal.
- How to improve cluster security by enabling Kerberos authentication.
- How to streamline and easily modify your image generation process.
- How to make sure that your OpenStack cloud is ready to deploy Sahara clusters with the integration testing framework.