Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
While deciding on your OpenStack deployment methodology is important, sometimes the biggest issues arise from customizations that weren't well planned. We'll talk about thinking through when and where to use nonstandard configurations and the operational and business impacts of doing so. Equally important to your success is the model by which you consume OpenStack.
The topics we will cover include:
- Consumption Models, Pros and Cons
- Stability vs. Capability
- Maintainability vs. Customization
- Building an OpenStack Practice vs. Consuming OpenStack as a Service
- Costs, Operational Challenges, and Upstream Considerations associated with each consumption model
- Approaches to Managed OpenStack
After leaving this session, you'll be prepared to think through the long term ramifications of your deployment and customization decisions on your organization as a whole, and make better decisions as you continue your OpenStack cloud Journey
After leaving the session, we expect attendees will be prepared to think through the long term ramifications of their deployment and customization decisions on their organization as a whole. They'll be able to focus on the business value being generated by these decisions and evaluating if it's worthwhile.