Learning to debug the OpenStack code can save you tons of time. If you are looking to contribute to OpenStack, this is an essential skill!
In this introductory hands-on session, you will learn how to use Python debugger (pdb) and PyCharm to debug OpenStack code.
We will cover the following:
- Make code changes to an OpenStack subsystem
- Deploy the code to devstack
- Run the debugger (both pdb and PyCharm)
- Step through your code changes
We will also show how PyCharm can be used for remote debugging, where PyCharm is run on a local machine and devstack is on a remote virtual machine.
Please bring your laptops with VirtualBox installed. We will provide you with a VM image that has devstack and debugging tools. Once you instantiate the VM in your laptop, you will be able to start debugging the code.
- How debugging skills can make openstack development efficient
- How to use Python Debugger and PyCharm with a devstack environment
- How to deploy code changes to devstack
- How to do remote debugging using PyCharm