Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Learning to debug the OpenStack code can save you tons of time. If you are looking to contribute to OpenStack, this is an essential skill!
In this introductory hands-on session, you will learn how to use Python debugger (pdb) and PyCharm to debug OpenStack code.
We will cover the following:
- Make code changes to an OpenStack subsystem
- Deploy the code to devstack
- Run the debugger (both pdb and PyCharm)
- Step through your code changes
We will also show how PyCharm can be used for remote debugging, where PyCharm is run on a local machine and devstack is on a remote virtual machine.
Please bring your laptops with VirtualBox installed. We will provide you with a VM image that has devstack and debugging tools. Once you instantiate the VM in your laptop, you will be able to start debugging the code.
- How debugging skills can make openstack development efficient
- How to use Python Debugger and PyCharm with a devstack environment
- How to deploy code changes to devstack
- How to do remote debugging using PyCharm