Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
The OpenStack Foundation and several generous corporate sponsors (including Red Hat, Dell, Cisco, and NetApp) have deployed TryStack.org, a free way for folks to learn more about OpenStack and it’s capabilities. TryStack is a public, production OpenStack instance and the maintainers have learned a great deal about maintenance, upgrades, automation and gotchas around running a large public cloud (25,000 users, 5,000 active users per release).
This talk will cover:
- The history of Trystack
- Give insight into deployment architecture and underlying components
- Demonstration of the various capabilities of TryStack
- Overview and sharing of post-deployment ops tooling and automation
- Talk about the roadmap of how TryStack is evolving with OpenStack
- Journey to implementing OpenStackID for primary authentication on Mitaka and beyond.
OpenStack developers, users and operators alike should benefit from our experiences designing, operating and growing the Trystack environment. In particular, creative use of tooling, automation and resource management utilities not shipped with OpenStack but integral to post-deployment will be shared with attendees.