Browbeat is an Open Source framework focused on scale, performance and tuning of a deployed OpenStack cloud. It can provide the following benefits to operators, developers and businesses running OpenStack.
- Create and orchestrate workloads for performance and scale testing.
- Automate deployment of common collection and data analysis tools.
- Identify potential configuration problems and highlight some optimal tuning values
- Make run-to-run, cloud-to-cloud and build-to-build comparisons by sending test result data bundled with metadata about the cloud to Elasticsearch and visualize via Kibana
- Provide performance data metrics and results based on Rally and other common tools like Grafana
- Analyze and tune your Cloud for optimal performance.
In this talk you'll hear from core Browbeat developers around how you can leverage it for your OpenStack deployment along with a demonstration showcasing some of the useful features.
Attendees can learn to performance test their cloud in both control plane and data plane scenarios by using Browbeat to orchestrate multiple upstream workload providers. The session will also go over setting up Infrastructure such as Graphite/Grafana to monitor and visualize the state of the cloud actively using collectd. Attendees can also expect to gain familiarity with storing, visualizing and analyzing performance data using the ELK/EFK stack