In this session you will learn how to pick the OSD node which just right for your deployment.
We will share with you all the lessons we’ve learned the hard way when operating our two Ceph clusters over the past several years.
We will cover some recommendations on picking the right hardware for Ceph, as well as some tips on optimising the deployed Ceph cluster for OpenStack.
- What to consider when creating your very own Ceph cluster
- Common problems with Ceph to be aware of
- Benchmarking and profiling Ceph
- Fat nodes vs thin nodes
- What’s *the* best SSD for journal? Spoiler alert: one does not exist, here’s why
- Sweet spot between storage density, price, and perfomance