Monasca was accepted into the OpenStack Big Tent about a year ago and has come a long way and is under rapid development. It is the OpenStack Monitoring as a Service (MONaaS) project with a focus on metrics and log management. This session will provide an update and overview on the current state of the project including the following.
Exciting new features that have been added:
- Deterministic alarms
- Non-periodic notifications
- Alarms on logs, correlation of metrics and logs
- OVS vSwitch monitoring
Major new areas of development such as:
- Monasca Log API
- Monasca Transform and Aggregation Engine
- Monasca Analytics.
Updates on the project including:
- Integrations with other OpenStack projects including Heat, Ceilometer and Congress.
- Integrations with third-party projects such as Grafana, ELK and others.
- Community involvement and ecosystem.
- Active deployments and companies/organizations that are using Monasca in their distributions and products.
- What's next for Monasca?
In this session the attendees will get an update about the most important new features introduced during last year as well as the new components in the Monasca family. We will also describe how Monasca integrates with other projects to get the best reliability for your OpenStack deployment.