Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Turk cell is the leading mobile network operator in Turkey and also offers additional internet services to its users. One of these services is Akıllı Depo, a service to store and share important documents, photos, videos and other media files in the cloud.
In 2015 Turk cell upgraded their offering and therefore needed a storage system that is
- easily accessible from apps and web-browsers
- is built with a strong durability, high availability and scalability in mind
- stores data replicated across multiple datacenters
- and can be enhanced using software developed in-house
During this talk, we want to give you an overview and introduction to OpenStack Swift, an open-source object storage system, and how it is used and operated to empower Turk's offerings using the Red Hat OpenStack platform.
- Running Swift+Keystone as a standalone service
- Building geo-replicated Swift clusters
- Integration with existing operation tools like Ansible, Grafana
- Challenges we faced when growing fast