Manila provides multi-tenant file-share services to OpenStack. It can work with default storage types, or through its driver model, with a range of storage backends. The ability to provide file-shares to serve existing applications, containers, DevOps environments, departmental shares, and other use cases broadens OpenStack’s storage capabilities. As a result, with OpenStack rolling out in high-profile enterprises, Manila is rapidly gaining momentum with new features. Over the last cycle, the community has worked on a number of useful enhancements, including an updated installer for Fuel. Topics covered will include:
- Share Groups for performing tasks on groups of file shares
- Enhanced snapshot restoration capabilities
- Share migration and retyping capabilities
- Access Groups for shares to specify the same access policies to multiple shares
- Deployment using the Fuel plugin for Manila.
- and more.
Multiple demos will be included!
Attendees will get to learn about OpenStack Manila, updates that were made for the Newton cycle, and deployment using Fuel.