* AT&T and AT&T Entertainment Group: Our OpenStack journey
* AT&T deployed 69+ OpenStack based clouds this year alone. We'll share the insights, and lessons learnt.
* We'll talk about some of AT&T's innovations around OpenStack.
* Use-case: As OpenStack adoption grows, the consumption model varies from one company to another. Leveraging OpenStack as a unified control plane with multiple hypervisors is a savvy way to integrate newer cloud platform with your legacy infra. We'll cover a specific use-case on how to achieve “KVM + vCenter” OpenStack cloud, several design considerations, and the technological caveats to watch out for.
* Leveraging this unifying platform that is the AT&T Integrated Cloud, we have succeeded in driving the delivery efficiencies of a DevOps culture and pivoted from a closed to an open source approach. This is a first for the telco industry and we are proud to blaze this trail.
* We'll talk about the obstacles we encountered along the way.
* AT&T loves to invent things. We'll talk about how we leverage our global datacenter infrastructure in solving interesting problems.
* This session delivers a focused look at one of the largest OpenStack deployments at scale
Panel Discussion and Q&A
* Join Greg Stiegler, AVP at AT&T, as he moderates a panel discussion around these topics with a group of experts
* Sunil Jethwani from AT&T Entertainment Group will join the panel, and share insights on business and technology
* Other participants: Jacob Caspi, Ryan Van Wyk, Amit Tank, Andrew Leasck
- How to resolve issues associated with deploying OpenStack at scale
- Leading practices for integrating OpenStack to meet business needs
- Architectural layout of how to achieve a "KVM + VMWare" hybrid cloud
- What technological challenges should they expect, and tips for achieving performance boost.