Dr. Sun accumulated near two decades of experience in software development and data-center infrastructure. He obtained PhD Computer Science (multi-cloud orchestration) in 2013. He spent the past 10 years on cloud-based infrastruture architecture design. He has the opportunity to work for various projects that span across multiple areas (Media, Financial, Academic/Research, Telecommunication, IT). He is currently Enterprise Solution Architect for Intel Data Center Group. Prior to this role, he was Lead Architect for Cloud Engineering team in Intel Open Source Technology Center. Before Intel, he was Principal Engineer and Technical Lead for various large enterprises and start-up companies. He began his cloud journey since 2007 when he started to develop distributed application runnong on Amazon Web Services (AWS). His experience with OpenStack started in 2011 when he was working on his PhD for multi-cloud orchestration. His interest is to build an open source-base enterprise multi-cloud platform.
Over the past few years, his accomplishment to OpenStack includes:
- OpenStack Private Cloud in lab, POC and production deployment
- Integrated OpenStack for High Performance Computing
- Led Enterprise Working Group: authored 3 OpenStack eBooks and Workload Reference Architectures (Web Application, Big Data); core reviewer of Product Working Group; co-led OpenStack Financial Team
- OpenStack Innovation Center (OSIC) Governance Board member (2016-2017)
- OpenLab Governance member (2017)
- OpenStack User Committee member (2018)