Running microservices on Docker Swarm simplifies significantly the application lifecycle and orchestration management. However, the infrastructure aspects of these deployments when run in-house may raise quite a few questions.
In this talk we will focus on how OpenStack can bring its production ready VMs, Networking and Storage to make Swarm clusters fit well in your datacenter thanks to Kuryr-libnetwork and Fuxi.
Kuryr-libnetwork brings Neutron networking to Docker containers whether they run on bare-metal or in Nova instances. In the Barcelona Summit we demoed containers in Nova instances getting IPAM from Neutron. Now we will show how you can also configure Kuryr to get a a Neutron subport per container.
Fuxi brings OpenStack Storage (Cinder, Manila, etc.) to Docker with its focus on container persistence. In this talk we will show how you can manage your stateful containerized applications by just using the native Docker API thanks to Fuxi and Cinder volumes.
- Docker networking features brought by Kuryr-libnetwork
- Docker storage features brought by Fuxi
- Kuryr-libnetwork design and architecture
- Fuxi design and architecture
- How kuryr-libnetwork and kuryr-kubernetes networks containers inside Nova instances
- How Fuxi enables container persistency inside Nova instances