Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Objects, that populate smart cities, are able to send real-time information. Users need to understand objects data in order to handle the city’s assets. This case study presents the city of Messina, Italy, where smart devices map environmental phenomena.
The University of Messina developed a framework for IoT, Stack4Things, to collect information from the devices. Stack4Things collects data in real-time. Using network virtualization, the framework provides IaaS-like services from a pool of IoT devices.
Monasca, the OpenStack Monitoring Service, analyses and presents the measured data. Monasca supervises the healthiness of the IoT nodes too.
Stack4Things and Monasca together help to collect, analyse and present the information to users who can decide the best course of action to improve the environment of the city.
Attendees will learn:
- The integration of IoT and OpenStack Cloud
- How the city of Messina uses the device information and how operators can access it from the management interface
- The business case that Messina wants to solve and the impact of saving money using advanced technology
- How to use the most suitable configuration for IoT and OpenStack
- The best practices to get real-time data and to react fast to device information