Red Hat and Juniper Networks will address 7 of the biggest challenges faced by Broadband NFV deployments
- Predictable high performance - linearly scalable performance, low latency, hardware agnostic with acceleration, small to jumbo frames
- High availability - No single point of failure, link bonding, redundancy, load balancing, failure detection, monitoring, live migration
- Superior L2 & L3 connectivity - Solid L2 networking, transition to L3 routing, external IPs, IPv6, carrier grade NAT
- Managed multi-tenancy - Isolation of north-south & east-west tenant networks; Manageable, scalable overlay tunnels
- Agile programmable infrastructure - Flexible datapath, integration with SDN controller, elastic network, auto-scaling
- Multi-site deployments - Geo-site deployments for better scale, redundancy and disaster recovery
- Distributed security - move security from edge to the application, distributed firewalls, connection tracking, L2 MACsec & L3 IPsec encrypted tunnels between endpoints
This presentation takes a deep dive into challenges faced by NFV Telco customers when moving to Openstack deployed virtualized solutions. Providing agile and scalable deployments with Openstack enables Telcos/ISPs to optimize usage of resources, deploy new services quickly and compete with higher value offerings
What will be covered?
- Learn strategies and state of the art for deploying high performance VNFs with Openstack today
- Red Hat and Juniper will address 7 of the biggest challenges faced by NFV deployments and why they are important to Telcos/ISPs
- The presentation will have real world Telco/ISP deployment scenarios for the Broadband and SD-WAN usecase.
- It will cover issues encountered along with workarounds and solutions provided which maybe still work in progress.
- It will cover futuristic roadmap and requirements for Broadband NFV deployments for the next 2-3 years.