Many telecom companies have started using OpenStack for NFV, MEC and RAN. During this experience, additional requirements have come from the telecom environments due to strict quality criteria and their diverse services. KDDI Research has been led "Recover first, Resolve next" PoC project for closed-loop operation in TM Forum ZOOM.
We focus on monitoring statistical data in a huge scale OpenStack environment with less performance impact, then we evaluate the gap between the current situation and our expectations. In this research, we came up with a solution - the distributed monitoring framework: collecting, aggregating and real-time analysis, with a centralized Ceilometer.
In this presentation, you will learn about the gap, our evaluation of Ceilometer, Congress and Monasca, and our approach for distributed monitoring with its benefits: scalability, agility and flexibility. In addition to the architectural challenges, we will cover various use cases based on telecom operations.
- Overview of monitoring and real-time analysis for cloud operations.
- Detailed requirements for scalability and high-performance in telecom (applicable to other purposes!).
- Evaluation results of monitoring various metrics with Ceilometer/collectd/Congress/Monasca.
- Actual use cases and applications.
- Operation scenario of "Recovery first, Resolve next".
- How you can participate this activity.