Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Many times when we as architects only use one tool, like a carpenter with only a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Adding OpenStack to the toolbelt opens up a whole new world of possibilities and solutions for on-premise cloud challenges. In this presentation, we will bridge the two platforms by making direct connections from OpenStack projects to AWS products and discuss the commonalities and differences in product features and architecture. We will dive into the ways both platforms solve complex business challenges and how each platform is uniquely suited to solving certain use cases. Of course, no AWS/OpenStack presentation would be complete without discussing hybrid and multi-cloud scenarios and how to use some of the products we discuss in a multi-modal architecture.
Attendees should expect to learn about:
- OpenStack core projects and what they do
- AWS core products and their features
- Similarities and differences in common offerings
- Suggestions for when to use OpenStack and AWS (or public cloud)
- What hybrid cloud is vs. multi-cloud and how to make it successful with OpenStack and AWS