Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
In this presentation, we will describe the limitations that SR-IOV networking has and the ways to overcome these. We will discuss the issues that customers are facing in OpenStack to have high throughput traffic with SR-IOV like:
- Use of correct Nova Filters
- Link Redundancy
- VLAN Tagging
- Link Monitoring
- Packet Monitoring
- VM Migration
We will describe the lesson learned from the real-world deployments with SRIOV on OpenStack.
This presentation takes a deep dive into challenges faced by CSPs and the solutions when using SR-IOV Networking on OpenStack.
What will be covered?
- How the Nova Filters work in case of SR-IOV. What filters should be there for the SR-IOV use case to get the best performance?
- How to achieve Link Redundancy with SR-IOV.
- How support of VLANs with Link Redundancy causes issues and how to overcome this.
- How Physical Link monitoring is done in SR-IOV
- Packet Monitoring Challenges with SR-IOV. Why Tap-as-a Service is not an option here.
- Real world telco customer deployment scenarios and lessons learned.