Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
In this session, attendees will learn how to troubleshoot an OpenStack cloud environment. Content will focus on the core OpenStack services: Glance, Cinder, Nova, Neutron, Swift, and Keystone. Five major areas of troubleshooting will be covered.
1) Enabling debug and use the CLI commands to trace API requests.
2) Using external tools such as ip netns, nc, wget, curl, strace, and tcpdump.
3) Examining the different databases used by the OpenStack core services.
4) Navigating the multitude of log files related to a given OpenStack operation.
5) Discussing ways to become more proficient with troubleshooting an OpenStack cloud.
All attendees should bring a laptop to participate in the session.
Attendees will learn tips and tricks for troubleshooting an OpenStack cloud. In addition to providing a methodology and framework to use, they will see real world examples. This session will not just cover tools but also provide information about all of the free resources available to cloud administrators.