Open Infrastructure Event
The world runs on open infrastructure. At the OpenStack Summit, you’ll learn about the mix of open technologies building the modern infrastructure stack, including OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Ceph, OVS, OpenContrail, OPNFV, and more. Whether you are pursuing a private, public or multi-cloud approach, the OpenStack Summit is the place to network, skill up and plan your cloud strategy.
Open Infrastructure Event
Join the movement behind the most widely deployed open source cloud platform. Whether you are pursuing a private, hybrid or multi-cloud approach, the OpenStack Summit is the place to network, skill up and plan your cloud strategy.
Open Cloud EcoSystem
The deadline to apply for these activities has passed. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].
The OpenStack community engages regularly with complementary open source projects, industry groups and standards bodies to further the adoption of cloud computing. One way we can support these organizations is to provide time, space and a willing group of participants to collabrate at each OpenStack Summit. As the Summit continues to scale, we are evolving our format and programming, and would like to offer the following opportunities to our friends in the open cloud ecosystem:
1. Open Cloud Ecosystem Conference Track: We will continue to have a track as part of the Conference dedicated to related open source projects. These are 40-minute educational presentations and panels submitted via the main call for speakers, and these talks have already been selected by our track chairs. You can see the full roster of sessions slated for the Vancouver Summit here.
2. Open Cloud Ecosystem Collaboration Days: An evolution of the open source ecosystem design sessions from Atlanta and Paris, Collaboration Days provide an opportunity for other cloud related projects or groups to reserve space within in the Summit venue for a half or full day session. To secure one of these spaces, you need to fill out an application by April 10. If accepted, you have the opportunity and responsibility to set the agenda and coordinate with participants. The goal is to foster collaboration across the communities, so interactive working sessions and meetings are an ideal format. Collaboration Days will be promoted on the conference agenda and with on-site signage at the Summit. Space is limited so apply now.
3. Open Cloud Ecosystem Lounge: We've created a special lounge to showcase related open source projects outside of the OpenStack umbrella. Projects who sign up by April 10 will have the opportunity to create a slide, which will rotate on the monitors and have their logo on the lounge signage. There will also be a community message board and surfaces for open source projects to leave stickers, collateral and giveaways.
4. Birds of a Feather (BoF) Sessions: For standards bodies, industry groups and open source projects who simply want to host a meeting during conference hours, we have a room dedicated to BoF sessions and meetups. These are single, 40-minute sessions that align with the conference schedule. They should be interactive and inclusive, not just a presentation or panel. Please nominate your BoF session by April 10.
Each of these events will be open to anyone with a full access pass to the OpenStack Summit. By bringing many different communities togther under one roof, we have an unique oppotunity to work together to make an open cloud future a reality.
To summarize, if your group is part of the Open Cloud Ecosystem, please consider:
- Signing up to be showcased in the Open Cloud Ecosystem Lounge
- Applying for a Collabortion Day or BoF session, depending on your bandwidth and goals
We welcome your feedback as we continue to evolve these programs for future Summits, and expect to sign up projects for Collaboration Days and ancillary events even earlier in the process.
Thank you for your participation in the OpenStack Summit and community!