In order to run OpenStack on Kubernetes, we need components such as:
- On-premise Kubernetes cluster and related monitoring system
- Easy-to-manage tools for deploying OpenStack to Kubernetes
- Deployment configuration for each OpenStack service which is packaged as a distribution unit
In this talk, we explain each of these components. For the first item, Kubespray and Prometheus are used to automatically install and monitor kubernetes, respectively. For openstack deployment, we use our distribution tool which uses Helm internally. For the last one, we use helm charts in OpenStack-Helm Project with our own value-overrides. The way of managing multiple deployment profiles is also explained.
These are all open-source projects. Kubespray and Helm are Kubernetes sub-projects, Prometheus is CNCF project, and OpenStack-Helm is an OpenStack Project.
In this session, presentation and demo are given in parallel in the following order:
- Explain Kubespray while installing kubernetes
- Install Helm
- Explain OpenStack-Helm Chart
- Finally deploy OpenStack.
Learn how to easily install Kubernetes and OpenStack using Kubespray, Helm and OpenStack-Helm.