Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
Many deployments are moving to containers and a set of these deployments have chosen Kubernetes as they containers management system. Picking the right tool to do any job is always hard. This isn't different.
In this presentation we'll go through the different tools available that would allow for deploying OpenStack on Kubernetes. The presentation doesn't stop at a high level (TripleO, Kolla, openstack-helm) but it rather goes deeper into what the underlying technologies used are, how they are used and what options there are.
This presentation talks about day-0 operations, lifecycle management, deployment flexibility, states, upgradability, and more.
- The benefits behind of deploying OpenStack on kubernetes
- The difficulties of pursuing this goal
- The existing OpenStack projects providing the functionality
- The tools used by these projects to provide this functionality
- How to reach the same results combining different parts of the existing projects
- What other tools there are in other communities