As companies expand their reach to meet new customer demands and needs, so do their IT infrastructures. This expansion brings to the forefront the complexities of managing technologies such as OpenStack in multiple regions and/or countries. Prior to building and expanding these technologies IT teams are likely to ask themselves:
- How will we manage our growing infrastructure and applications?
- How will we handle authentication between regions and/or countries?
- How will we backup/restore these environments?
In order to simplify these complexities and to answer these questions, we look towards a multi-site solution. This session will focus on the best practices on building a highly available multi-site Kubernetes container platform environment on OpenStack.
This session is best suited for OpenStack administrators, system administrators, cloud administrators and container platform administrators.
Attendees should expect to learn the following:
- Best practices for designing and deploying a multi-site OpenStack environment
- Best practices for designing and deploying a highly available distributed container platform
- Best practices for multi-site cloud management
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of different multi-site OpenStack topologies