Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
The cloud landscape seems to be maturing into the idea that "hybrid" is the ideal architecture, with the privacy and control benefits of private cloud combined with the available resources of public cloud.
Which is great, until you have to actually DO it.
In this presentation, we'll look at the trials and tribulations ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE, a real OpenStack user, went through to create a production system that makes best use of a hybrid cloud infrastructure running on both OpenStack and Amazon Web Services. We will discuss:
- Architectural concerns for a hybrid infrastructure
- The indispensable role of Infrastructure as Code and how to make it work
- What you need to think about when creating an application to run on this hybrid infrastructure
- Some of the tools that can make your life easier
Attendees will learn:
- What's necessary for creating a hybrid cloud infrastructure
- What goes into a hybrid cloud application
- How to best make use of a cloud that combines both OpenStack and AWS
- Best practices for Infrastructure as Code