StarlingX is a complete open source cloud infrastructure software stack for the edge. It can run on as little as one or two nodes, or be used with a larger number of hosts. The OpenStack deployment in StarlingX runs as an application on top of a fully integrated and managed Kubernetes system. StarlingX also includes other open source components such as Ceph. As well, StarlingX provides advanced high availability and integrity systems required for mission critical use cases.
In this workshop attendees will learn what StarlingX is, how it is architected, and how it can be deployed. Attendees will follow instructions and install an all-in-one containerized StarlingX in a VM provided by Packet.com and use that installation to explore the features, services, and capabilities of the project.
For example, the worshop will cover:
• How to Install StarlingX;
• How OpenStack works on top of Kubernetes;
• How to use StarlingX services and components;
• How to manage the inventories of CPUs, memory, huge pages, etc;
• Host lifecycle management;
• Querying custom alarms and logs through the fault management service;
• and more.
• WIFI capable laptop with an ssh client
• Familarity with the Linux command line
• Ability to copy and paste commands