Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
As the customers’ needs growth, new products are being introduced to the market with an exponential rate, which makes Smart Warehouse a great demand for many manufacturers, especially for the large manufacturers like Lenovo, Huawei and so on.
In this talk, we will introduce the current state of 7 must-have smart warehouse technologies as well as reasons using Edge Computing infrastructure and technologies. We will then elaborate our Smart Warehouse Edge Solution in order to combine these must-have technologies together. This section includes the requirements and detailed design of our edge platform as well as the work we have done on OpenStack-based service or k8s-based service, like IOT communication module, hardware accelerations, image recognition algorithms and so on.
This edge solution has been utilized in Lenovo Whitsett Manufacturing Center with Intel Movidius NCS inside. We will conclude by providing our experience on building a smart warehouse.
Smart Warehouse is a great demand for many manufacturers. Current smart warehouse technologies focus on how to solve small detailed problems but not an entire solution, hence the improvement of the total efficiency is limited. This session introduces an edge solution for the smart warehouse which brings technologies together. By joining us, users will know:
- Requirements of a smart warehouse in Lenovo Whitsett Manufacturing Center.
- Reasons to use edge computing infrastructure and technologies
- Current 7 must-have technologies in the smart warehouse.
- Design details of our Edge Platform.
- Related work on OpenStack or K8s: IOT communication Module, hardware acceleration, QRcode recognition algorithm, image/video processing algorithm and so on.
- Experience and pitfalls.