Gartner predicts that “by 2020, a corporate no-cloud policy will be as rare as a no-internet policy.” Each organization’s challenges are different, but migrating to the cloud can be smooth and stress-free with the appropriate planning, service providers, and systems in place. By understanding the journey of migration, you’ll be able to avoid vendor lock-in, explore hybrid or multi-cloud approaches, and understand the importance of a reliable backup and recovery solution. By considering the “worst-case scenario” with your team and the relevant stakeholders, it will reassure the entire organization knowing that business continuity is your ultimate priority.
What Should Attendees Expect to Learn? Attendees can expect to learn:
- The benefits of building in contingencies and pivoting during the migration process with guidance for your cloud service provider
- How to ensure data is safely and responsibly stored during the entire migration process
- Why is it crucial to have a reliable backup and recovery plan in place
- How to anticipate common challenges and learn how to automate the process
- Tools to move workloads (both production and non-production) workloads between clouds
- Tips for developing a clear-cut migration strategy