The Automotive Pagoda
- Why would Vector customers care for cloud services? Brief overview: who are our customers in the automotive industry, and what they use our products for.
- A multi-story building: Vector Cloud belongs to the SaaS category of services. It is using middleware mortar to stack on top of an IaaS ground floor. Explain requirements to be met by the IaaS layer and the middleware components. It will sketch the architectural ideas behind the Vector Cloud.
- Choosing material: The use of OpenStack and its benefits in the Vector Cloud. Overview of free software products used as building blocks and why they are a good fit.
- Carving a front door: Technical deep dive: What happens when a request hits the Vector Cloud? What is available for self-service when a Vector engineer chooses to try something new?
- There is always room for improvement: The Vector Cloud is now running and available for both customer service and for research and development: Lessons learned. Adaption to future needs includes support of containers and of MQTT to interface with the Internet of Things.
Cloud Software Architect
• Physicist• PhD in Meteorology• Academic research in radar meteorology and sea ice remote sensing• Career in IT industry started at Hewlett-Packard: Managed services, security engineering, identity and access management, software development and architecture.• Since 2014 cloud software architect at Vector Informatik, the leading supplier of tools in the domain of vehicle networks... FULL PROFILE