Edge Computing is the hot technology de jour, but tooling, architecture and technical hurdles need to be addressed before taking over the world. The cloud industry has come to the realization that virtualizing and containerizing Data Center based applications improves performance and security. However, can the same criteria apply moving these applications closer to the user? The panel takes a technical deep dive into the various options and how to make the best choice for your Edge Cloud use case.
- Which applications are best on the Edge?
- Determining what platform the applications should be on. Containers are small and stateless. Virtual Machines can be small with applications that are stateless and some that aren't. What about other small footprint technologies such as serverless or Unicode?
- What is the role of Micro-services in Edge Computing?
- How to provide secured connectivity at the Edge using IPsec/TLS?
- Addressing applications that don’t lend themselves to containerization.
Attendees will learn how to tackle the tough decisions on how to best deliver applications on Edge Computing architectures and best practices for packaging them for maximum performance and security.
- Infrastructure Technologies Choices
- Why virtual machines at the edge?
- Why containers at the edge?
- What about KATA?
- What’s the biggest drawback for both technologies?
- What’s the biggest advantage for both technologies?
- Containers in VM or bare metal containers?
- What about serverless options?
- Applications at the edge
- What are the predominant applications driving edge technology decisions today?
- What are the predominant use cases driving edge technology decisions today?