Please note: All times listed below are in Central Time Zone
With the emergence of a broad set of varied requirements for edge driven by location, performance, availability etc., challenges and use cases such as management of complex and non-homogeneous networks, network performance and efficiency, autonomous site operations with limited connectivity etc. are being hotly discussed amongst various communities.
StarlingX, announced by Intel and Wind River at the OpenStack Summit Vancouver, is a fully featured and high performance Edge Cloud software stack.
In this talk, we will firstly discuss learnings and gaps of edge networks. To shore up these gaps, we will introduce what StarlingX is focused on, by zooming in on its networking features for edge like provider network, system host and fault management, as well as rescheduling etc. Further, we will share productized and target business cases which can benefit from the enhancements. Finally, we will also share StarlingX’s upstream status of networking components today along with its future plan.
Attendees should expect to learn about:
- What edge networking is vs. cloud networking and where are the gaps
- StarlingX core projects and what they do
- StarlingX's core networking features and enhancements for edge
- Productized and target business cases which can benefit from the enhancements
- What is the networking upstream status of StarlingX to OpenStack and what is the future plan